project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
28 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2018-05-18, 22:42   #1
Mr9million

Default Questions about mapping

Hello, I have just discovered your magnificient game and decided that I wanted to make a map. But I have hit two problems.

I followed this guide as closely as possible: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14468 But as I said, I ran into two problems.

In step 6 it says to copy the "bf2editor" from "\project reality\mods\pr\readme\" into my project reality folder, but there is no readme folder there.

And when I go, in the editor, to mod>mod manager>Editor Content there is only one box to check, I don't exactly remember what it's called something like "static something".

I suspect that these two problems are, somehow, connected but I have not been able to find a solution.

Thanks in advance!
Mr9million is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 15:56   #2
dunem666

Send a message via MSN to dunem666
Default Re: Questions about mapping

You can ignore the bit about readme as it doesn't seem that its required anymore.

Someone can correct me if im wrong.

dunem

dunem666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 17:00   #3
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Questions about mapping

You should have all the tick boxes in Mod Manager if you did this part:

Quote:
So now we have our basic mod setup but we still need to do some work before this can be usable by the editor. We need to extract all content that is currently compressed into .zip files so that the editor can open them. We do this as follows:

go to: "C:\Program Files x86\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\mods\pr_edit\content" and locate the following zip files:
objects_common_client & objects_common_server
objects_statics_client & objects_statics_server
objects_vehicles_client & objects_vehicles_server
objects_weapons_client & objects_weapons_server

Copy them all to "C:\Program Files x86\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\mods\pr_edit\objects". If this folder doesn't exist you have to create it.

Select all of the .zip files, right click on them and click "Extract Here". This will take some time like above, and overwrite any files it asks you to.

What we have done here is allow the editor to read the PR object files as the editor dose not like looking inside .zips for files and can't edit them if they are in a .zip
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunem666 View Post
You can ignore the bit about readme as it doesn't seem that its required anymore.

Someone can correct me if im wrong.
Correct, not needed and we don't ship a readme folder with releases anymore.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
mapping, mod, questions, questions or problems