project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-07-27, 15:17   #1
SHADOWNET
Post Some random questions.....

Hey, buddies! As the title says, I just got a couple of questions (totally random ones regarding PR)-

1. ANY news or eta on 1.4.0.0? ANYTHING? The reason I ask is cause my internet is VERY limited and it'd probably take a whole damn week to download PR (and I also got limited bandwidth). So, pls, devs, gimme some hope, we gonna get 1.4.0.0 before the end of the month? or EARLY next month? The waiting is killing me lol.

2. Will v1.4.0.0 be released as a full download or an update only?

3. Does PR come with the bf2 dedicated server? The file called "bf2_w32ded" or something like that? I kinda need it if I ever wanna play PR again. (see question 3A).

3A. IS IT true that running PR thru dedicated server instead of LOCAL coop gives BETTER FPS. I've played pr before, and the fps on local coop (by myself vs bots) was just bloody 'orrible! SO, if I use the dedi to host the map and JOIN my created server, will I get a decent framerate?
Can someone pls do a COMPARISON video on this, it'd be quite interesting y'know? If not a video, then some pics PLEASE? I usually do 64 player battles (63 bots + me).
AND, yes, my laptop can run this game on hiiiiiiigh settings.

4. Can someone please add full BOT support for these maps- https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f35...-map-pack.html
I'd really love to play offline with bots on Kuvra Dam and Karkand (they were my fave bf2 maps!)

5. Is there a way to IMPROVE the ai bots a bit? I WAS a bf2 modder, but ai wasn't my "thing", I saw the topic for the coop ins gamemode, pretty dank stuff lol.

My ideas for the bots would be-

giving them the ability to use the RADIO to spot, call in strikes, build assets, etc. IT IS POSSIBLE, but it probably requires a lot of setting up and testing- I'm willing to help!

We could also try to improve the COMMANDER ai, maybe give him the ability to use random artys, and uavs or w/e. I saw a video where the commander ai was working perfectly in bf2142 (the latest 1.51 version), maybe "borrow" some code from there since 2142 is totally abandonware now lol.

make the bots use field dressings. The ai files will probably have to be tweaked a little, but idk if this'll work fine.

make bots USE throwable ammo and medic bags properly, that'd be kewl!

make the bots utilize the COMMO ROSE effectively, like calling for backup, let others know when they're reloading, etc......

6. Are you gonna integrate WW2 and PRF into the main game? OR are they gonna be just mods for a "mod"?
6a. BOT support for prww2 and prf pls, I wouldn't mind helping with the Gameplayobjects and coop layouts or w/e, I just need someone to do a navmesh. I have some editor experience.

7. Do you think you can PORT maps and static objects from 2142 into PR, that'd be mlg! IMHO, 2142's Strike At Karkand is much better than vbf2's Karkand (notice the diff between the HOTEL cp on both versions). As I said, 2142 is total abandonware, might as well just "take" stuff from there and use it to make PR even more better! Why not? I'm willing to help lel.

8. Do you think we can integrate the CONCEPT of 2142's Goliath Super APC into PR- ie one [or MOAR] super apc(s) cruising thru the map which also acts as a mobile [para?] spawn point, and destroying it takes away HALF of the super apc team's tickets. This would be a game changer on any ASSAULT map, and imagine the chaos where 2+ goliath-styled apcs attack each other on any head-on map! It can also aid in support, logistics, and w/e. I can already see it in my head..........

9. Are you planning on adding MOAR winter mapssss? Maybe Silent Eagle winter! What about rainy maps?

10. Will the newer maps like Op soul rebel have BOT SUPPORT or not? Navmeshing is NOT my area of expertise, I'd love to help, but that's one thing I just cannot do (but I sort of know how it's done). So, will u think about it? I'm willing to do layouts and stuff.

Well, that's all I got (for now euheheheheheheh). Thanks for reading my 'novel'
BYE!
SHADOWNET is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 15:50   #2
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Some random questions.....

1. Rumour has it that it's coming out very soon but unless there's a confirmation on that every date is just speculation. Treat it like every day you wait is a day closer to the update :P

2. I don't know. They probably use the launcher though

5. Developing such a sophisticated AI for a game where human interaction is key doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The AI in PR is both either too broken or way too weak, it's probably irredeemable.

6. Just like PR:V they will not be mods but rather additional content like they've been since 0.98

7. I guess that's possible to a degree, but I think you underestimate how much work these kind of maps will take to port, and how much work it will be to make the buildings function without eating other resources.

9. To my knowledge nothing is planned, though maybe Northern Lights may be an update in progress.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 16:00   #3
A.Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWNET
3. Does PR come with the bf2 dedicated server? The file called "bf2_w32ded" or something like that? I kinda need it if I ever wanna play PR again. (see question 3A).

3A. IS IT true that running PR thru dedicated server instead of LOCAL coop gives BETTER FPS. I've played pr before, and the fps on local coop (by myself vs bots) was just bloody 'orrible! SO, if I use the dedi to host the map and JOIN my created server, will I get a decent framerate?
Can someone pls do a COMPARISON video on this, it'd be quite interesting y'know? If not a video, then some pics PLEASE? I usually do 64 player battles (63 bots + me).
AND, yes, my laptop can run this game on hiiiiiiigh settings.
There should be no FPS difference as your server would still utilize your own PC specs. If you however ran the dedicated server from a different PC on your local network and played on another one. That would make a difference, it will however depend on the CPU performance of your (server PC)

Also only way to get the server files is if you get a servers license through realitymod. That too will require you to actually run an online server.

So sadly I do not see this as an option for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWNET
7. Do you think you can PORT maps and static objects from 2142 into PR, that'd be mlg! IMHO, 2142's Strike At Karkand is much better than vbf2's Karkand (notice the diff between the HOTEL cp on both versions). As I said, 2142 is total abandonware, might as well just "take" stuff from there and use it to make PR even more better! Why not? I'm willing to help lel.
Very likely possible, but will never happen due to copyright and licensing issues. You'd have to recreate Strike At Karkand using PR's excising pool of statics.

A.Finest is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 19:30   #4
SHADOWNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Finest View Post
There should be no FPS difference as your server would still utilize your own PC specs. If you however ran the dedicated server from a different PC on your local network and played on another one. That would make a difference, it will however depend on the CPU performance of your (server PC)

Also only way to get the server files is if you get a servers license through realitymod. That too will require you to actually run an online server.

So sadly I do not see this as an option for you.

Very likely possible, but will never happen due to copyright and licensing issues. You'd have to recreate Strike At Karkand using PR's excising pool of statics.
BUT, this topic here says that running maps on Dedi mode helps-
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...rver-mode.html

If pr is still gonna run like crap, then I might as well not get it, pls help me. Thanks for the replies and bye!
Old 2016-07-28, 07:30   #5
A.Finest

The thread you linked is from 2011. Since then the server files and client files have been seperated. Only way to get the server files is by applying for it. That comes a series of requirements too...

A.Finest is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-28, 10:51   #6
SHADOWNET
Question Re: Some random questions.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Finest View Post
The thread you linked is from 2011. Since then the server files and client files have been seperated. Only way to get the server files is by applying for it. That comes a series of requirements too...
oh, I see, well I can apply, but what I'm worried about is what you said about this method NOT affecting my fps, but according to the thread linked from 2011, it should IMPROVE my performance???? My specs are-

Nvidia GTX 860m 4gb
16gb ram
intel core i7 4710hq 2.5ghz
windows 8.1

I've run pr on this^ system b4, and the LOCAL COOP mode ran like craaaaap, so will using the dedicated server method give me AT LEAST a little fps improvement?????

pls help me, I'm not experienced with this kinda stuff and I REALLY want a large scale realistic FPS game with bots.

thanks and bye!
Old 2016-07-28, 11:09   #7
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

It won't help at all most likely. Neither will I give a server license to a none dedicated server.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-28, 11:14   #8
SHADOWNET

damn, well, I guess I'll just wait lol.

thanks anyway.

Looks like, I'll be getting 2142 and not pr......

aaaaaah, 2142 looks like sheit lol, might as well REDOWNLOAD PR, it doesn't seem *that* bad!

now, I'll just have 2 play the wonderful game called "waiting for PR v1.4.0.0"
Last edited by SHADOWNET; 2016-07-29 at 08:08..

Tags
questions, random