project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
24 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-16, 17:53   #61
Grasli
Default Re: Project Reality v0.95 Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammoseller View Post
*The GP-25 can range to 850m while the M203 can only range to 250m?
If thats the case it must be a bug (I haven't tested yet, will soon). No GL can IRL shoot as far as that afaik..

Any comment on this one DEVs?

Quote:
*Absence of bayonets for Aks and ARs? I am disappoint.
Yeah, thats bad but they have their reasons..
"Removed bayonets on all US factions (too many variants to keep up with)."
Old 2010-10-16, 20:21   #62
Grasli

Quote:
*The GP-25 can range to 850m while the M203 can only range to 250m?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasli View Post
If thats the case it must be a bug (I haven't tested yet, will soon). No GL can IRL shoot as far as that afaik..

Any comment on this one DEVs?
Okay. I have tested some/most of the GLs and here are the results (not 100% sure about the names of them, sorry);

M203 (US etc) - 250m.
L8-1 (China) - 250m

L17A2 (GB) - 350m

HK-79 (MEC) - 400m
GP-25 (Militia etc) - 400m (yes not 850m)

What I assume is that it differs because thats how the ranges are on the leaf sight (same IRL). On the M203 its 5 lines and that results in 50m, 100m, 150m, 200m, 250m. Other weapons have more lines which means more ranges.

Am I right?
Old 2010-10-17, 00:06   #63
UberWazuSoldier

Ahh, well it worked for me.

There's still that memory problem though, where BF2 tries to use more than 2 gigs of RAM for high and you have to go through a bunch of steps to get around it (which lets you load at least, but for me it doesn't load all the geometry with that workaround), or reduce textures to medium.

Old 2010-10-17, 00:42   #64
Grasli

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberWazuSoldier View Post
Ahh, well it worked for me.

There's still that memory problem though, where BF2 tries to use more than 2 gigs of RAM for high and you have to go through a bunch of steps to get around it (which lets you load at least, but for me it doesn't load all the geometry with that workaround), or reduce textures to medium.
Not sure how this belongs to this thread but anyway..

Patch 1.50 for the core BF2-game (released on Sept 1st 2009) allowed BF2.exe to use more than 2GB of RAM. If you look in the game-folder, there is since 1.50 both a BF2.exe (now for 64-bit users) and bf2_w32ded.exe for 32-bit users (or maybe it is the other way around? nah, this is how it is afaik).

When using the correct .exe (for 64-bit users) you shouldn't get any memory error when loading anymore..
Old 2010-10-17, 00:47   #65
Grasli

Why isn't it possible to edit posts?

Anyway, continuing my post above;
I remembered after posting that post that PR has its own .exe. I'm not sure if that .exe is allowed to use more than 2GB of RAM or not (I think it is since I haven't had any memory errors with PR since 1.50). Anyway, if it isn't allowed then maybe we should have two PR exe's too like vBF2..
Old 2010-10-17, 04:05   #66
[DVB]Shadow_Omega

Quote:
*The new M249 is horrible. Only the Canadians use the collapsible AR stock. I've never seen a US Soldier/Marine utilize one with said stock, only the para and fixed stock.
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...39f70984ea.jpg

Myself, carrying an M249 with a collapsible stock. This was back in 07-08 in Iraq, and collapsible stocks were easily the most common stock, with para right behind it. The 'stubby' barreled M249 with a collapsible stock was extremely proliferated due to the mechanized patrols and house to house fighting which made it necessary to have an automatic weapons solution in as compact a package as possible for dismounts at the time.
Old 2010-10-17, 04:17   #67
Noobinator

BF2.exe is LargeAddressAware, which, simply put means it can use all the ram it wants..

On my PC BF2.exe uses 2.1GB & PR.exe sits around 40MB....=2.14 GB...
Old 2010-10-17, 04:24   #68
Noobinator

Obtw, great work best patch eva, but PLEASE for the love of Allah...fix the Helibot problems on Co-op servers

They'll die..no i don't always use them but new players do...

Oh and great scopes on marksman rifles
Old 2010-10-17, 04:40   #69
Scheintot887
Send a message via ICQ to Scheintot887 Send a message via MSN to Scheintot887

PLEASE ChANGE THE DAMN TICKETLOST!
MORE TICKETS OR THE OLD TICKET SYSTEM! THATS HORRIBLE...
KASHAN - 40 min
Muttrah - 10 min

IS THAT BAD COMPANY 2?????????????????????????

I miss the long rounds. PLS! Think about a hotfix...
Old 2010-10-17, 05:11   #70
UberWazuSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasli View Post
Not sure how this belongs to this thread but anyway..

When using the correct .exe (for 64-bit users) you shouldn't get any memory error when loading anymore..
W32ded is for dedicated servers, hence the "ded" hehe. BF2.exe is for both 32bit and 64bit, it is the main game executable. There is also bf2_r.exe if you have installed the editor, which is for debugging (and it shows memory usage as it loads).

There's two parts to the modification for 32bit users, and the other part is not connected to the executable itself, but rather is a modification to the Operating System. So the 1.5 patch will solve the issue for people with a 64bit operating system, but PR will not work for people on a 32bit Vista-onwards operating system on high.

Closed Thread

Tags
project, reality, released, v095