project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
24 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2015-06-24, 03:26   #1
tankninja1

Default Static object editor crash

Just started getting this new problem with the editor. When I start it up and select the "pr_edit" from the mod load list, it will get stuck and eventually CTD.

This didn't happen the first several times I launched the editor. Only started after I turned my computer off.
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 20:33   #2
tankninja1

Default Re: Static object editor crash

Bump.

After I started the editor the first time I noticed I was missing files and remembered I forgot to unzip so files. Did I screw myself?

Old 2015-06-26, 04:37   #3
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

that error most likley means your simply running out of RAM to load all of the stuff in PR.

Try disabling a bunch of functions you don't need in the editor, such as the animation editor etc from loading, as well as possibly disabling a bunch of things loading from the mod such as soldiers, vehicles and weapons, although you will need to ideally turn vehicles on when doing GPOs and you will need soldiers and weapons if your going to use the player camera to look around your map.

You may also might want to look at getting more RAM for your system if you have under 3gbs of RAM. You could possibly also look at this improved bf2editor.exe: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...ditor-exe.html

- Moved to Community Modding.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2015-06-26 at 05:04..
Old 2015-06-26, 17:17   #4
tankninja1

Still having memory problems even with the updated editor. I have 8Gb of RAM so that shouldn't be a problem. How do I disable the things I don't need?

Old 2015-06-26, 21:51   #5
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

in the modmanager. also you should close all unneccesary programms and restart your computer

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-26, 23:49   #6
tankninja1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Amok@ndy View Post
in the modmanager
I crash before I get to that step. Happens right after the select the mod screen.

I would just remove the trouble file but its probably the most important one.

Old 2015-06-27, 00:02   #7
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

In that case its probably a problem with the mod itself / a object inside the mod. What object dose it crash on?

EDIT: NVM forgot you posted the screen above. Looks like its looking for the vBF2 Staticobjects folder, do you have a BF2 mod where its looking for one? If not, that might be the issue.

BTW you can unload editor plugins before loading up the editor by going into \Battlefield 2\bf2editor\Settings\ and opening up the Plugin.ini in a text editor (back it up first) then change the "Autoload=1" to =0 on any you don't want to load, like the animationeditor, backup, import, materialeditor, profilerUI, SPEditor.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2015-06-27 at 00:08..
Old 2015-06-28, 20:16   #8
tankninja1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
BTW you can unload editor plugins before loading up the editor by going into \Battlefield 2\bf2editor\Settings\ and opening up the Plugin.ini in a text editor (back it up first) then change the "Autoload=1" to =0 on any you don't want to load, like the animationeditor, backup, import, materialeditor, profilerUI, SPEditor.
I don't have that. I have a PRBF2\bf2editor\settings but no plugin.ini. Is the BF2 editor supposed to be installed in the EA games folder, with a PR_edit mod file in the EA games folder? Seem like the editor might be looking in the EA games folder.

Have a BF2 editor app in the EA games folder, not sure if this could be a problem or how it got there or how to gut EA games folder of BF2 editor.

Updated error message after trying more stable BF2 editor

Last edited by tankninja1; 2015-06-28 at 20:24..
Old 2015-06-28, 21:35   #9
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Seems to be down to you installing the editor into PRBF2 rather than into BF2. I don't have my editor setup this way so can't really help you there, I've still got my Editor, and the rest of PR in fact, all installed into the old BF2 dir so works the same way the old versions do but I believe some devs have set their editor up with none of the orignal BF2 files.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 22:21   #10
tankninja1

I was just using the updated tutorial
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...g-modding.html

Tags
crash, editor, object, static