project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
28 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2009-12-14, 21:32   #1
[EC]DR.NOobFragger

Default Sound card for enabling "very high" sound quality.

Will this card allow me to enable the "Very High" setting and select Creative X-fi in the sound options? If so and if anyone else has this, is it worth the money? I mean will I notice a difference in the sound of my games and music? I currently have a Sound Blaster Audigy SE, I listen to music a lot and watch stuff on netflix pretty regularly and have a pretty good headset.

Here is the card I am talking about.

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

So I looked on the around on the forums and the XtremeMusic is better than the XtremeGamer? If so I have found a brand new one for about the same price as the XtremeGamer. Should I go with this one or the Gamer?
Also, I have found 2 different version of the XtremeMusic, one without a heatsink on the processor and one with a heatsink and significantly more capacitors and stuff.

This is so confusing, why did they make so many products that do the same thing but the other has a heatsink or an spdif?

Last edited by [EC]DR.NOobFragger; 2009-12-15 at 23:08..
Old 2009-12-17, 21:43   #2
PuffNStuff
Default Re: Sound card for enabling "very high" sound quality.

Well my sound crap on my mobo crapped out on me so I will be getting a card worth it or not.
PuffNStuff is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
card, enabling, quality, sound, very high