project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2019-02-18, 19:00   #1
OpolE
Default Errr? Did you guys make SQUAD/or play?

THeres a map on a youtube video which is AL BASRAH to literally the same detail.

Also is it worth getting

Does it have the full tanks/vehicles/air units?

Not trying to take anything away from PR but it looks a lot smoother and playable.
OpolE is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-18, 19:52   #2
wumkin
Default Re: Errr? Did you guys make SQUAD/or play?

No aircraft in squad. If you enjoy PR, and have a good PC I'd say squad is worth the buy. Squad is considered the 'spiritual successor' to PR.
wumkin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-28, 19:53   #3
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Also the devs of Squad are partially former PR devs and quit PR to make a spiritual successor which is Squad. As it is still in development aircraft haven't been added yet but there are heavy hints that helicopters will be in the next update with jets possibly being left out of the game due to space limitations for the maps.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 11:55   #4
CAS_ual_TY
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
[...] with jets possibly being left out of the game due to space limitations for the maps.
Due to lazy developers*

If you ever played PR "properly" with a good squad: Dont get squid, youll be disappointed. Wait for other actual PR successors.

squid was supposed to be the successor, but the gameplay design is often worse

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 12:02   #5
transpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
Due to lazy developers*

If you ever played PR "properly" with a good squad: Dont get squid, youll be disappointed. Wait for other actual PR successors.

I really like squad but maybe I should join your good squad 1 day and learn some stuff
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 13:11   #6
Arab
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Moved to off-topic

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-01, 13:47   #7
Geronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
Due to lazy developers*

What are the actual PR successors?

I'd love to also badmouth Squad in this thread but V12 really really impressed me. Tank gameplay with bullet drop, rangefinder and fancy reticles is great. Performance - on my PC - is also great. They fixed the blurriness that plagued all UE4-games so far, even with TAA enabled. Lastly medics are no longer the golden goats because anyone can revive now. (but only medics can heal)

The only thing missing now is HRTF audio. PR is still miles ahead in that regard.

Last edited by Geronimo; 2019-03-01 at 14:06..
Old 2019-03-17, 04:32   #8
DogACTUAL

They should give armour proper fire control systems (probably will in future update).

They should implement proper sniper kit with bolt action rifles, their justification for not doing that was retarded (lonewolf camping reeeee). People still lonewolf camp with marksman kit and other stuff anyway. And of course a proper sniper kit would also introduce the possibility of genuine recon squads.

Casual is right, their justification for not including fixed wing cas is just insulting (especially after advertising jets in their kickstarter campaign and taking peoplez moneyz given to them in good faith for their promises).

Even from my non professional perspective it is clear that there is no real technical or gameplay limitation that prohibits fixed wing cas, they could just do low res out of bounds areas for maps and just scale down the jet combat a bit if really necessary, fuck, even DCS scaled down their missile ranges a bit. 'OP' jets could easily be balanced by providing teams with capable SAM systems.

They should stop pussying out on HE and FRAG splash radii for grenades, cannon shells, tank shells, rockets, mortars, ... Fuck weak ass explosions, where is the 'authenticity' in that arcade like explosion range and damage. If reasonably 'realistic' splash radii works well in PR, it will also work well in squad. Guess they are too afraid to alienate the part of the mainstream crowd they are so desperately trying to attract.

So much potential ruined by a few but significant decisions (at least for me).

Not only did the DEVs totally throw off the CAS/AA balance and make TOWs useless against tanks, no that was not enough. They also had to introduce their most controversial change yet, a 16 character limit on player names.
------------------
''Mats literally does not give a single fuck what you, me or everybody else thinks the game should be like. He doesn't care if you, me or everybody else plays the game even.'' - Frontliner
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 11:06   #9
Germanius_GER

Squad is okay and i have fun playing it. But don't expect the same feeling you get when you play PR, Squad is way more arcady and lacks content.

If Squad is on sale, you can make nothing wrong by buying it.

If you do so, feel free to leave us your feedback. I am interested how people see both games.
Germanius_GER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-20, 20:04   #10
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I played it for about 100 hours as a backer, but didn't really find it fun to play. I just crave symmetrical full asset teamplay like PR. I always found the lack of trans helis the biggest annoyance.

PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
errr, guys, make, play, squad or or