project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
01 Apr 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2010-02-22, 01:34   #1
00SoldierofFortune00

Default Gaza - Too Many Bomb Cars

Wayyyy too many bomb cars on this map IMO. I tried going the main road, back roads, any road to get a FOB up anywhere besides next to main and my efforts along with the teams were furtile because there was almost always a bomb car waiting. I understand that they are there to take out the armor, but at least put them on a timer so they all don't spawn in the beginning and rush the log truck, humvees, or armor.

Also, it needs more than 1 Logistic truck. 1 is not enough. Map is fine besides that except for the HAMAS rapage of Israel.

"Push the Envelope, Watch It Bend"

Tool ~ Lateralus
00SoldierofFortune00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 02:38   #2
[uBp]Irish

Default Re: Gaza - Too Many Bomb Cars

Maybe because I haven't seen this problem, but in all honesty (not directed at you) if you're in the Merkava or Armor in general and you're still getting blown up, it might be that you're not working close enough with your infantry. I've seen the same thing you describe where a tank or paperthin APC's are just rolling through the city on their own cause they think they'll conquer the world only to get knocked out from the back.

Played Gaza 2 days ago in a dedicated Infantry/Merkava squad. We moved with the infantry on the outskirts of the city and pretty much just laid waste to anything that came in view. My driver and I kept our heads on a swivel and didnt die once the whole round before I had to leave due to connection issues (about 30-45mins into the game and 30kills later).

Point I'm getting at is with this urban setting your infantry are your lifeline... they scream out in Mumble "BOMBCAR BEARING 330" and you turn as fast as you can and drop a heat shell in it.. only way that we survived and we moved up the whole left side and into the fields to the north. In all honesty, I doubt I'd even move into the city unless I had a squad infront and a squad behind.

[uBp]Irish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 03:26   #3
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uBp]Irish View Post
Maybe because I haven't seen this problem, but in all honesty (not directed at you) if you're in the Merkava or Armor in general and you're still getting blown up, it might be that you're not working close enough with your infantry. I've seen the same thing you describe where a tank or paperthin APC's are just rolling through the city on their own cause they think they'll conquer the world only to get knocked out from the back.

Played Gaza 2 days ago in a dedicated Infantry/Merkava squad. We moved with the infantry on the outskirts of the city and pretty much just laid waste to anything that came in view. My driver and I kept our heads on a swivel and didnt die once the whole round before I had to leave due to connection issues (about 30-45mins into the game and 30kills later).

Point I'm getting at is with this urban setting your infantry are your lifeline... they scream out in Mumble "BOMBCAR BEARING 330" and you turn as fast as you can and drop a heat shell in it.. only way that we survived and we moved up the whole left side and into the fields to the north. In all honesty, I doubt I'd even move into the city unless I had a squad infront and a squad behind.

I'm not talking about armor here but logistics. I tried about 3-4 times to get up a FOB anywhere I could on the map and observed the rest of my team try, but we failed everytime except for the FOB about 100 meters to the east of our main so we didn't have to spawn in main. There is only 1 main road into the city that can be mined the hell out of and 3 smaller ones which are heavily guarded by HAMAS if a cache spawns there. If not mines, then it was bomb cars which I ran into about 2-3 of.

This is one of the maps that has been badly effected by the RP change because you can't really hide a FOB anywhere on this map, so you have to clear the map street by street and even that doesn't work a lot of the time.

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 2010-02-22, 11:19   #4
General_J0k3r
Send a message via ICQ to General_J0k3r

problem is that people rush out of the base in the beginning on gaza and are then killed by technicoolz. don't rush, take it slow. the first cache isn't revealed for some time. move together and the pesky technicals and bombcars don't stand a chance in the open.
General_J0k3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 15:11   #5
sabwarfare
Supporting Member

the problem with this map is that IDF has hell of a time trying to build a firebase anywhere on the map and keep it operational more than 15 minutes. almost every roof is accessible and the places that FOBs are impossible to maintain for long
sabwarfare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 16:00   #6
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_J0k3r View Post
problem is that people rush out of the base in the beginning on gaza and are then killed by technicoolz. don't rush, take it slow. the first cache isn't revealed for some time. move together and the pesky technicals and bombcars don't stand a chance in the open.
I tried at the beginning and middle of the game. Doesn't matter when really, like sabwarfare says, FOBs are impossible to maintain on this map.

Tool ~ Lateralus
Old 2010-02-22, 17:32   #7
Arnoldio
Banned

The nuber coul be lowered just a bot, but ht problem is in players, though on fallujah the amount of dump trucks is just too much... one or maybe 2 at a time is more than enough.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 12:10   #8
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SoldierofFortune00 View Post
I tried at the beginning and middle of the game. Doesn't matter when really, like sabwarfare says, FOBs are impossible to maintain on this map.
The only one that managed to stay up for me when I built it was on the edge of the longest peninsula, even then it got attacked fairly regularly.

Its all about trying to get past HAMAS guys at the start of the game. Gotta be very sneaky-sneaky to get into the rural areas on the westside of the map to get one up south of the HAMAS repair station, and prey they don't find it...
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 19:13   #9
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
The only one that managed to stay up for me when I built it was on the edge of the longest peninsula, even then it got attacked fairly regularly.

Its all about trying to get past HAMAS guys at the start of the game. Gotta be very sneaky-sneaky to get into the rural areas on the westside of the map to get one up south of the HAMAS repair station, and prey they don't find it...
Problem is, there is no good or secret spots to put up a FOB on this map. I tried going behind enemy lines before, but their main and spawn points are so close to each other that its pretty much impossible to keep any FOBs up.

BTW, I and another team member ninja'd a FOB on the peninsula ourselfs, so yea, its definately not hard to take out.

Tool ~ Lateralus

Tags
bomb, cars, gaza