project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
13 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-06-29, 00:12   #1
Apheirox

Send a message via MSN to Apheirox
Default Hardcore gamer plea: Include as many maps as possible in .6 release, possibly mappack

A very large percentage of the PR community is hardcore gamers who spend a lot of time playing. To keep us happy it would be nice if as many maps were included in 0.6, for variety's sake. To the best of my knowledge you intend to leave many if not most of the 0.5 maps out. I think most of these maps were good enough I would be sad not to have them for 0.6. A few honourable mentions include Sunset City, Steel Thunder, Inishial Forest and Operation Phoenix - I could go on. Basically, I think nearly all 0.5 maps are of very high quality and worth including save for those that would be unplayable on 0.6 (Operation Greasy Mullet with new jet speeds). I can understand if you do not want to include them in the main download, but could you then assemble a map pack?
Apheirox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 00:15   #2
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

Red face

where do you get your info from?

we are releasing with alot of maps...we only removed a couple of the older ones due to new ones with similar map styles coming out...

i dont know where you got the idea that all the old ones are gone????!!????

actually alot of these maps have been updated and we have also added maps like zatarwetlands in a new format...(i think! at least iupdated it..hehe)

IronTaxi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 00:17   #3
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

21 maps will be included with v0.6 full public release. there are only afew maps in v0.6 OB as we only want to test the ones we have done big changes too, or feel they need to be in there.

Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 00:21   #4
Apheirox

Send a message via MSN to Apheirox

Fantastic, I am so glad to hear that! I just remember reading that you were unhappy with some of the 0.5 maps and wanted to remove them and I got the impression that meant most. Coupled with so few of the 0.5 maps being included in the release candidate it seemed reasonable to assert that was correct.

Alright, case closed! Thanks, guys!
Apheirox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 02:51   #5
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

awesome
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 15:09   #6
Long Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino
21 maps will be included with v0.6 full public release. there are only afew maps in v0.6 OB as we only want to test the ones we have done big changes too, or feel they need to be in there.

Only 21!? Why not 22? I feel so cheated
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 03:15   #7
Expendable Grunt

Send a message via ICQ to Expendable Grunt Send a message via AIM to Expendable Grunt Send a message via MSN to Expendable Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Expendable Grunt

Was Zatar in .604/5/RC?

Former [DM] captain.

The fact that people are poor or discriminated against doesn't necessarily endow them with any special qualities of justice, nobility, charity or compassion. - Saul Alinsky
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 03:20   #8
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Not to my knowlege.

Mind you, all the servers seem to run Kashan/Al Kufra/Mestia/Basra continually with the odd round on jebal

Ghost train is great on 0.6, the Brit shotty sounds great.

Which reminds me, of those 21 maps in the full release, how many have shotguns?

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 00:49   #9
Zaknafein

I'm glad about that, I love Operation Phoenix

Zaknafein is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 01:35   #10
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

phoenix has been upadted and zatar has been updated...as well as a few others...

IronTaxi is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gamer, hardcore, include, mappack, maps, plea, possibly, release