project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
08 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-08-23, 20:18   #11
Wing Walker
Default Re: 3rd Party VOIP, how detrimental is it to PR teamwork?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishKruk View Post
But I strongly dislike using 3rd party voip while doing so unless the entire squad is using the same voip.
But then how will Clanmates tell their guys other on the other team where the caches are?
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 22:32   #12
Cassius
Supporting Member

As long as 3rd party is only used for Thrashtalk or as a crew channel is fine, but if it is used instead of mumble then its not so fine.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-24, 00:52   #13
jcvjcvjcvjcv

If I was in a vehicle, I would prefer TS with voice activation to communicate with the gunner. In vanilla BF2 I have probably ~100 hours flying attack chopper with one friend and needing to push a button to talk would have been annoying.

However, over-all; yes, not using the PR mumble kills teamplay a lot. It's not only PR that suffers from this. Also FAF.
jcvjcvjcvjcv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 16:31   #14
Avram

My crew usually uses TS only to organize which server we will join, and if we're all in the same squad then we all switch to mumble.
Avram is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 16:46   #15
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishKruk View Post
I will say that I have been on both sides as well. I have experienced being in a clan squad when everyone else was on TS but me and I felt lost and completely uninformed of the situation. I have also been in squads where by friends and I have been on voip and the constant chatter from them and the rest of the squad and from the command net have driven me crazy.
It's only really detrimental in the situations you described.

How to fix it?
1. Make sure the clan guys use PR mumble to play the game and keep their side chatting in their VOIP.
2. Tell your friends to practice better comms discipline in your VOIP especially if you're trying to squad lead.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
3rd, detrimental, party, teamwork, voip