project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
26 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2015-11-22, 10:57   #1
KillJoy[Fr]

Default Ramiel AAS Asymetrical battle

There is to many things on Ramiel ASS layout that create an asymetrical battle.

First problem : the amount of firepower of US is just insane compared to ARF, you can nearly says it's "Tir au pigeon" a french expression that litteraly mean you are shooting birds it's to easy.

Second problem : the flag layout is ridiculous, the position of the first cap able flag give US a great advantage. The only thing they need to do is to build a super fob in the desert with assets and apcs cover there is absolutly no ways for ARF to fight against so huge firepower.

Third problem : Why ARF can not cap back flags ?

Au dela du possible ...
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 11:03   #2
Navo
Default Re: Ramiel AAS Asymetrical battle

Make 1993 US Army faction with M16A2s and remove all APCs and technicals.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-22, 17:01   #3
Nightingale

I don't really understand the purpose of the final 3 capzones (on the western portion of the city). There is no way that the ARF can defend such wide open spaces. Is this to ensure that there are also some "easy caps" on the map to balance out the "hard caps"?

It is logical that ARF cannot cap flags, because it is a defensive map with 1000+ tickets for the defenders.

The reason it feels like it's too easy for USA to cap flags is because the capzones are super small. ARF has to constantly keep some fighters in the capzone, or else USA will just cap it quickly with 3 people.

I feel like this map needs more civilian cars or technicals. It's too easy to get stuck at ARF main because your teammates abandoned a technical in the desert and left it there for all of eternity.

Overall, I'm not sure if this map is imbalanced or not. Usually, half of the players on ARF team don't even want to try to win, and they just want to play the next map. I have seen ARF win on this map, but I'm not sure if it was because BluFor kept letting a 10-year-old smash all their helos into the sea or something.

Nightingale is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 13:45   #4
viirusiiseli
Banned

The map has a nice idea but execution needs changes, yes. I rarely say anything is OP, as its more about whos using the asset, but the LBs are OP. They do not have anything that will kill them if you fly the right way. Technical .50cal vs heli needs to be more effective for example.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 23:09   #5
Murphy

Agreed on the LB point, even if it takes 4-5 .50cal rounds to bring it down connecting with those things is damn difficult if the pilot knows how to fly. I know CAS guys love the LB for it's unequaled maneuverability, and I would hate to see them removed, so maybe finding a solution other than "remove LBs" would be best.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-26, 17:24   #6
KillJoy[Fr]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo View Post
That a really good suggestion, removing the scope for US will balance infantry fight but we still need to deal with the excess of assets.

Au dela du possible ...
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-28, 17:38   #7
Brozef

I played this a few days ago, Dshk 50 cal kills BH in like 40 rounds but the LB takes at least 20-30 pretty tough for a light helicopter. Also LB can take more than 1 RPG hit and have enough time to find a land zone and ditch, I think the LB armour needs a nerfing.
Brozef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-28, 18:19   #8
Wing Walker

It all revolves around the factions using iron sight AKs not being able to see at all past 200, and "normal" vision is only capable under 150 meters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo View Post
I brought up this point before, since the fight is made to mimic "Blackhawk down".

The response I got was they don't want to do it because if you did, then you would have to redo all the uniforms and equipment to match the 1993 military.

Personally I think if everyone just used the iron sight versions of the M4 the Ramiel would be very balanced.

Its not like all the factions in PR are 100% realistic all the time, I mean look at the and ARF or MEC, they are totally fictional factions.

But, just changing the sight systems for the US on Ramiel is crazy?
Last edited by Wing Walker; 2015-11-28 at 18:28..
Old 2015-11-28, 19:14   #9
bromley

another problem ive noticed is no matter what team wins, the flags on the western side of the city never see play because one team runs out of tickets before the game reaches that far
bromley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-28, 05:28   #10
bromley

also maybe remove one CAS littlebird? that would make it much better since cas is very oppressive on the map
bromley is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aas, asymetrical, battle, ramiel