project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Nov 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-04-09, 08:04   #1
Operator_Max1993
Default will the Flat Earth map stay ? :)

i really hope it stays
Operator_Max1993 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 10:27   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: will the Flat Earth map stay ? :)

Probably for another week or so.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 11:03   #3
Coalz101

Really hope we get rid of flat earth, the map feels too troll for PR standards no lie. I honestly wish we kept Icebound instead, what are the odds of bringing it back? It was one of the best maps in the seasonal pack
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 11:20   #4
WingWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
No way It needs to stay!

I only hate that no one is running it to be able to play, should be in the rotations.

Nothing wrong with having a weird map like this in PR, its fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
Really hope we get rid of flat earth,
Honestly, what difference does it make that it is in the map list? Just a fun option.

W.W.
v0.4
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 20:52   #5
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
We need a joke map from time to time.. Can we just keep it forever? If players suggest it then players suggest it. We can mess with new players and say "flat earth" in the vote and they can have the same memed out amazement we did on April fools when we all vote for it, it will keep them around longer. I like the change in terrain for every continent we go on, it changes the tactics.

From 1 man per tree/bush in jungle or American woodlands to using a wide spread formation to counter the moons lasers over desert, snowy tundra or urban areas requiring tactic change to scan high/low/far/close pre-fire to back enemy off etc. All we need is logi trucks, deployable bridge spots all over, so we can make the long bridge like river Qwai map. Super Fobs would be needed to pull security to build and cross these bridges.

1 Man per piece of cover, Move cover to cover. In view of each other to save each other by shooting, distraction, division of enemy attention and ammo. 1 man hit per RPG/tank shell/mortar spread formation full time. Edge of cap zone. Use camouflage, police up each others exposure, no man seen sticking out. Scan aggressively with eyes and ears for anything suspect, even for birds disturbed to fly out of trees
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 22:29   #6
Brotherscompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
No way It needs to stay!

Nothing wrong with having a weird map like this in PR, its fun.

Honestly, what difference does it make that it is in the map list? Just a fun option.
Jesus please take it off for that exact reason, we already play enough WW2/INS to make one person not want to play, we dont need more random maps to be requested that are not on par with the gameplay quality that PR is known for.
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 23:25   #7
friendly

Last edited by Mineral; 2021-04-10 at 11:34..
Old 2021-04-13, 21:27   #8
WingWalker

Still no reason to trash a map with all that work in it, that people on here see as fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
we already play enough WW2/INS to make one person not want to play
So you hate WW2 and INS, and now you think 1 map added to the map list will ruin your world? Your world where you basically hate most of PR?

How do you hate WW2? Its just a different set of kits.

W.W.
v0.4
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 23:29   #9
Brotherscompany

First of all sorry this will get a bit off topic and its a bit of a rant on my side.
Quote:
Still no reason to trash a map with all that work in it, that people on here see as fun.
I am not? In the same way the Winter maps were removed this one should follow the same path, a limited time one. The difference between being fun and good are quite different and there is a standard to gameplay, why do you think the old PR maps are still not around or some maps are not all that played?

Quote:
So you hate WW2 and INS, and now you think 1 map added to the map list will ruin your world?
Oh yes totally it would be a further detriment to playing the game because I know it would be a recurrent map being asked to be played, unfortunately I have less than I used to have when I was a bit younger so I value it a lot more (Im sure a lot of people can relate). Its not all that great having a good time or playing some poor maps in the hopes for the next one to be a good one only to have something random being set.

Quote:
Your world where you basically hate most of PR? How do you hate WW2? Its just a different set of kits.
Well yeah, I (and many other players that I have spoken to recently) basically dislike the current PR since the maps and game modes want to play had shift in the last months from what it used to be norm for years.
Just for some background Im not anywhere close to a Asset whore, I only did assets less than 10 times in PR, Im a pure casual/semi-serious INF player that likes some variation and used to enjoy WW2 and INS and argued with peers/older players that it could be fun just wanting to deny it, I used to get really excited to play those 2 game modes. They were played once in a while as a escape from the Meta and something different, then I realized they had some limitations and offered lower gameplay quality so I started to enjoy them less, but enjoying for what they were.
Unfortunately for some reason now a days people want to keep playing those kind of maps so yeah no much fun in playing under those conditions, look at the names of older players and notice what happens when those maps are set (after all this time I finally understood them).

Just to keep it short since Im getting off topic and just ranting at this point (and there is a thread why WW2 isnt fun)
WW2 either play infinite human wave map, or play the same laggy avarage maps with not that much variation in the layouts and ways you can play them differently.
INS you are handicapped and have less tactical options and slightly turns in TDM and just a lot more dead time if you are to sit in one place.
Why would I prefer playing this over AAS with a wider variety of maps, not that many handicaps and more tactical options where I know if I mess up the enemy will punish me instead of infinite try and repeat, not going to pretend to enjoy whats becoming the norm without making some noise.
Last edited by Brotherscompany; 2021-04-14 at 23:40.. Reason: Clearer reading, some changes
Old 2021-04-15, 19:04   #10
qs-racer
Supporting Member

This map is genius, lot of small detail from real world.

PS : you can add a tunnel between mexico and US border

qs-racer is offline Reply With Quote