project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
29 Nov 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2021-05-22, 20:15   #11
Operator_Max1993
Default Re: how to spawn in other flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
Someone literally just asked this recently. Some good tips and a method for how to look through a level folder for these values to change can be found here:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=151018

Just be sure to read each reply, there are notes of caution: modifying a level data will bar you from being able to play on any server until the files are restored to default, so you may consider making a copy before changing anything (maybe rename it 'DEFAULT'). That way you can replace the default level file(s) if you want to join a server.

i'm not good with modding or any of that

i just mean in gameplay in general (little tired and longing for action and combat during all the walking you know ?)
Operator_Max1993 is offline
Old 2021-05-22, 22:33   #12
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: how to spawn in other flags

https://www.realitymod.com/manual/en...ble-structures
AlonTavor is offline
Old 2021-05-23, 15:13   #13
Operator_Max1993
Default Re: how to spawn in other flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
The gameplayobjects.con file of the layer and gamemode you want to modify.
and where
which file or folder

it would be alot easier for me if someone made a video on where to find the file
Operator_Max1993 is offline
Old 2021-05-23, 16:51   #14
Operator_Max1993
Default Re: how to spawn in other flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
The gameplayobjects.con file of the layer and gamemode you want to modify.

yeah, i just wanna know how to edit the game to make it possible to spawn in captured flags

i wish someone made a video tutorial on which folder the file is supposed to be


just tell me which folders is it in
Operator_Max1993 is offline
Old 2021-05-23, 16:56   #15
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: how to spawn in other flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator_Max1993 View Post
and where
which file or folder

it would be alot easier for me if someone made a video on where to find the file
You literally just said "not a modding question", modifying files is modding.

If you're playing online, you cannot modify files.

If you're playing offline, just turn on debug by typing "rcon debug" in chat, then you can use "rcon teleport X" to teleport yourself X meters forward. Alternatively, you can create a spawn point with "rcon spawner fixed_firebase"

PR is not designed for singleplayer.
AlonTavor is offline
Old 2021-05-23, 18:51   #16
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

SemlerPDX's Avatar
Default Re: how to spawn in other flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operator_Max1993 View Post
yeah, i just wanna know how to edit the game to make it possible to spawn in captured flags

i wish someone made a video tutorial on which folder the file is supposed to be


just tell me which folders is it in
The post I linked you to in my previous reply contains steps and pics on how you can find this file in a level folder and edit the game to spawn on captured flags, but then you will no longer be able to play online with these modified files, of course.

You change a value relating to a particular spawn point inside the level files, shown in my reply in that linked thread.


@Mods - Apologies, I see that this is in general discussion, was not my intent to answer a modding question in an area of the forums not dedicated to modding - I had not noticed the forum category, my bad - was just trying to point OP in the right direct to find the info he requested, and turns out that he was the person I originally responded to with the step-by-step instructions. "You can lead a horse to water..." they say

SemlerPDX is offline
Last edited by SemlerPDX; 2021-05-23 at 19:10..
Old 2021-05-24, 11:40   #17
Operator_Max1993
Default Re: how to spawn in other flags

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
The post I linked you to in my previous reply contains steps and pics on how you can find this file in a level folder and edit the game to spawn on captured flags, but then you will no longer be able to play online with these modified files, of course.

You change a value relating to a particular spawn point inside the level files, shown in my reply in that linked thread.


@Mods - Apologies, I see that this is in general discussion, was not my intent to answer a modding question in an area of the forums not dedicated to modding - I had not noticed the forum category, my bad - was just trying to point OP in the right direct to find the info he requested, and turns out that he was the person I originally responded to with the step-by-step instructions. "You can lead a horse to water..." they say

oh ok sorry but i will try this
besides. i mostly just play Offline
Operator_Max1993 is offline
Old 2021-05-25, 00:19   #18
[R-DEV]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Developer
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: how to spawn in other flags

Moved to modding and closed since it's a duplicated thread.

Continue in https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...=151018&page=2

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif

Secret link last updated: 12th Oct 2022
Suchar is offline
Last edited by Suchar; 2021-05-25 at 00:24..
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 17:32.