project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
29 Nov 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2009-08-13, 07:12   #11
Celestial1
Default Re: Quinling's runway

It is possible, and relatively easy, to get back on... if you know what you are doing.

Unfortunately I am not with my gaming computer and don't even have a computer that could handle something like CounterStrike, let alone Qinling 64 on LAN... So I may not be recalling this correctly.

I believe the method I used was to line up your plane as best you can at the end of the runway, your front wheel should be as close to the center as possible.

After you do this, you need a decent reflex and really feel out how your planes wheels are hitting on the ground (instinct, there's not too much you can do to learn it), and get your front wheel against the runway.

Then, begin to up your throttle while also attempting to keep the front wheel as far forward and 'up' the runway's step, and let the jet's speed kick the front wheel over the step, and just let the jet bring itself to a halt before you go screaming off down the runway.

You'll take some significant damage, especially if you try to push the engines when the front wheel is not properly on the wall, but you'll get back up on the runway and be able to taxi back for repairs.

If someone could test it and try their best to get it to work, then confirm it, I'm sure it would be appreciated.
Old 2009-09-01, 12:30   #12
superhunty123

Quinling runways need to be lengthened for a start! Only way to land the chinese bomber with more than a 50% chance of survival is to suicide! (well at least the plane survives!)
Old 2009-09-01, 12:41   #13
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

If you can't lower the runway, create an intermediate static level, so if you fall off the runway you fall onto the static 'ground' and it's not as hard to get back up.

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'

Tags
quinling, runway