project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
05 Jun 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2016-01-31, 02:19   #51
dave61218
Default Re: PR Master Server Down

I have to thank you for paying the fee on your own.... I thought donations were encompassing the entire financial needs of this project. If you set up a www.patreon.com account I can do a monthly subscription of $5-$10 a month. You shouldn't have to go this alone any longer.
Old 2016-01-31, 02:36   #52
Jolly

We(players) should do something.

Jolly, you such a retard.
Old 2016-01-31, 03:52   #53
W.Darwin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Post
The server provider has responded with another update, it should be resolved in 12-16 hours. So it should be sooner than Monday. Once they resolve it on their end, services should resume instantly. Hopefully it stays resolved for the short term.

Once I get back from my business trip at the end of the week, I'll be investigating migrating the master server software to another provider.

Thanks for the support and requests for donation info. It's not my intention to ask for money, I'm more than happy enough to spend the $100/mo it costs for the current dedicated server, and have been doing so for the last 5 years. But I guess once I figure out the way forward, I'll see what I can do about donations.

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Dat passion tho

-----
To some people it costed 0$ to enjoy this game, some paid 10$, 100$ even 500$ over the years..

... And now I know some paid over 5000$

This game.. It require a online museum somewhere
Old 2016-01-31, 03:56   #54
merlinsscience

I agree with most everyone here, on both counts: 1) I too would be willing to help "spread the (financial) burden" to locate a stable server ( with redundancy) 2) I would be willing to help the admin with migration of the framework to a stable platform and oversee it.

I currently operate two servers, one for 10 yrs. and one for 6 yrs. and neither has ever experienced downtime beyond an hour; ever.

Let us help you maintain our addiction.
Old 2016-01-31, 04:06   #55
Zerrok

Quote:
The server provider has responded with another update, it should be resolved in 12-16 hours. So it should be sooner than Monday. Once they resolve it on their end, services should resume instantly. Hopefully it stays resolved for the short term.
My weekend is saved!
Old 2016-01-31, 04:10   #56
Samui

Thank you so much, Ancient Man, for all the effort you've been doing for the sake of this amazing game. I, as most of the players here from the looks of it, had no idea you've taken this burden by yourself and yourself alone, and are most grateful for it. Please let us help you too keep this amazing game alive. Thank you Ancient Man!
Old 2016-01-31, 04:18   #57
obpmgmua

Quote:
Thanks for the support and requests for donation info. It's not my intention to ask for money, I'm more than happy enough to spend the $100/mo it costs for the current dedicated server, and have been doing so for the last 5 years. But I guess once I figure out the way forward, I'll see what I can do about donations.
I play PR once in a blue moon, but now I feel like such a scumbag. You've spent 6k to give us a place to play. And never asked for anything in return. I feel like we should return the favor somehow.

Even though you say; No, No, No. I say YES.

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
Old 2016-01-31, 05:04   #58
solidfire93

i just hope for the best....
Old 2016-01-31, 05:20   #59
CR8Z
Supporting Member

You da' ancient man!
Old 2016-01-31, 05:30   #60
Kavelenko
Supporting Member

Quote:

Sorry again for the inconvenience.
Thanks for the work you do [R-DEV]AncientMan, I'm happy to donate too. Run a poll and you'd probably find out that most players appreciate the cost to run PR. We're spending a lot more on other ridiculous games out there.

cheers,

Kav
Closed Thread

Tags
master, server