project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
04 Jun 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2015-11-01, 21:01   #51
Embrodak

Thumbs down Re: Project Reality: BF2 v1.3.5 Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Spook View Post
It is basically the same, it just got retextured mainly.
I mean map wise yes it is basically the same except now there is no longer any worthwhile tank fights unlike in previous versions where the tank fights were one of the best things about Kashan. Now you have BMPs vs. Leopards which is no where even close to balanced. Now yes BMPs can one shot tanks with their ATGMs but so can a tank on a BMP, and when a tank can fire faster and an ATGM takes a few seconds to fire it is not even worth it to fight against the leopards. Now yes the ALT layer has tanks on both sides but it is a 2 vs. 1 situation that will most likely end up in the MEC side winning the fight as long as they do it together or Shifty isn't behind the gun of the Abrams. I don't know the reasoning behind this change to Kashan but if I could get a response why maybe I will understand better. Now don't get me wrong I think the PR development team did an amazing job on he new update and the remake of Kashan but IMHO I would rather have Kashan be the same as in the old update than the new version. Kashan looks beautiful but to me gameplay is everything. For all I care this game could be a 2D side scroller as long as it has good gameplay.
Last edited by Embrodak; 2015-11-01 at 21:54.. Reason: I would like to add in a few opinions of mine
Old 2015-11-01, 21:07   #52
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality: BF2 v1.3.5 Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SoldierofFortune00 View Post
Im moist. Any ones of Kashan to see the changes? Besides the North and South Village, it looks sorta the same.
The terrain was completely redone to be more realistic and also to eliminate terrain morphing to the furthest extent possible (so less/no floating soldiers in mid air that you cannot kill) generally the map was improved.

Old 2015-11-01, 21:53   #53
Chefmoto1
Supporting Member

I don't understand the changes to the turret traverse speeds. I understand the realism argument, but I thought it was always gameplay>realism. Yet I don't find tank gameplay fun anymore with these ridiculous traverse speeds. It's like mouse acceleration or something, it's next to impossible to get on target.

And I love the rework of Kashan, but why change the asset layout? It used to actually be one of the more balanced heavy asset maps, but not anymore.

It kind of feels like INF was buffed with the weird deviation thing (which really does lower the skill level required to master weapons) and the combined arms aspect of the game is being nerfed. Which is sad because the Combined Arms gameplay of PR is always something that was a huge draw to the game.
Old 2015-11-01, 22:04   #54
Jacksonez__

I hope that the new Boragh APC could survive a AT-4 shot, lol.

Old 2015-11-01, 22:24   #55
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Post
I hope that the new Boragh APC could survive a AT-4 shot, lol.
It can survive an AT-4 shot from any side its hit on, although only just above critical from the sides or back. A hit on its front armour will take off over 1/2 its HP but will still be in pretty good nick.

Old 2015-11-01, 22:35   #56
polpo

Realism or not, I hate that "new" turret system on apc's..
#laggy #lazyturret #weird #buggy #unenjoyable #mouseoutofmousepad24/7 #smilinginsurgents #hastag
Old 2015-11-01, 23:06   #57
Genitals

The new turret system literally gave me a headache.
Old 2015-11-01, 23:41   #58
Embrodak

It is serious AIDs

User infracted for inappropriate post content.
Last edited by K4on; 2015-11-02 at 07:18..
Old 2015-11-01, 23:42   #59
Jayhawker2092
Supporting Member

Thank you guys for all the time you sacrifice to make this game for us. Hopefully I'll get to enjoy the new content later tonight.

HUNDEKUVEN2092
Old 2015-11-02, 00:16   #60
Evox
Send a message via MSN to Evox

Thanks you guys!!!! PR 4 LIFE
Closed Thread

Tags
1.3.5, bf2, project, reality, released, standalone