project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2009-10-21, 11:26   #1
[R-DEV]​Jafar Ironclad
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Full-Team squad setups

So, I've been doing some commander role in the Insurgency maps lately (my specialty, since I blow chunk at urban combat), and I've been thinking a bit about possible ways to manage squads on the battlefield. An organized squad of six can be a threat to enemies, but really, without effective flanking, is but a nuisance to a fortified position (ergo caches or control points). If four full infantry squads are challenging four different positions, there won't be any easy breakthrough. Now, four five-man squads going up against a fortified position will massacre the position more often than not, I've found. I've also been checking out leapfrogging fireteam tactics, and they've inspired me to have many a day-dream about running a 25-man platoon, split into five fireteams (two assault, two suppression, one relief), as US on Muttrah city during a VIP-in-Castle event.

So, here's the question I pose for the command aficionados. As a commander, at what times do you find it better to divide your forces among different battlefield hot zones, and at what times do you attempt (assuming your squad leaders are both faithful and open-minded) to concentrate your forces for a back-breaking assault on the enemy? Also, what organization would you find ideal for such scenarios?

Jafar Ironclad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 14:04   #2
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member
Default Re: Full-Team squad setups

I am rarely a CO, but you point out areas that are frequently lacking in PR:

INTER SQUAD COMMUNICATION AND COORDINATION

With Mumble this becomes so much easier, but it still lacking except on PRC-PRT events and TG server!

Your ideas IMO are sound but try that on a pub server RROOFFL
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fullteam, setups, squad