project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
12 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2015-01-22, 18:04   #141
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Online (MMO)

That doesn't really sound very reassuring.

I just hope it dies quickly and Bethesda at some point need to rely on innovation again to succeed...

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2015-01-22, 19:09   #142
mitchverr

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Spec View Post
That doesn't really sound very reassuring.

I just hope it dies quickly and Bethesda at some point need to rely on innovation again to succeed...
I thought that bethesda (game studios not publishing aka softworks) didnt really work on this game, that it was somebody else and it was taken by the parent company off them and given over?

'Ear all, see all, say nowt;
Eyt all, sup all, pay nowt;
And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt - Do it fer thissen
mitchverr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 20:18   #143
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Murphy, the game isn't free to play, it still has a subscription, it's just optional now. Subbing gets you perks, credits for the cash shop and access to expansions. Even if you don't sub, you still need to purchase the game.

Bethesda didn't develop the game, it was developed by Zenimax online studios, a new studio under the same parent company.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 06:43   #144
Murphy

Ok, so it's more like GW2 model. Good to hear that, at least they can balance the game around something other than making money by cramming the cash shop down your throat somehow.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 11:05   #145
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchverr View Post
I thought that bethesda (game studios not publishing aka softworks) didnt really work on this game, that it was somebody else and it was taken by the parent company off them and given over?
Yeah, which doesn't exactly scream creativity to me now does it. They delegated, but it's still their responsibility

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2015-01-23, 12:32   #146
Trooper909

In hindsight it was so obvious they was looking to release on consoles now.There was no need for it to look that ugly as a PC only title.Please don't say it needed to look like that because its an MMO,look at age of Conan it was beautiful for its time.

in hoc signo vinces
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 01:10   #147
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Well ESO changed over to ESO:Tamriel Unlimited this week, so there's no more required subscription fee to play the game, you still have to purchase the game itself, but the sub is now optional. The sub gives you basically nothing worth while currently, for $15 a month they give you 10% increased gold and xp, 1500 crowns(their virtual currency to buy mounts, pets & mostly cosmetic stuff) and access to all the DLC, but since there is no DLC at this point, the whole game is open regardless of subscription status.

Along with that there was also a big update that rebalanced pretty much every player skill in the game. It also introduced the Justice system, so now we can steal everything that isn't bolted down, and then pay the fine when we get caught. No Thieves guild yet, but it's supposedly coming eventually. Also, they're planning to implement PVP into the justice system, so players can assist the NPC guards in taking down criminals. No details yet on that part, I can see a lot of potential for exploitation and griefing if it's not done just right, we'll see what they come up with.

I myself will be unsubscribing from this game. Even though I still really like the game itself and play it almost daily, the developers have rubbed me the wrong way for the past 6 months or so. I can't trust a word that comes out of their mouths, they've pissed off a lot of their loyalist players with bullshit nonsense. They constantly piss in our cornflakes and then tell us how great it's going to taste. They've made it abundantly clear that they don't know how to reward loyal subscribers. It's amazing that a company can give people free virtual stuff and get it so wrong that people are up in arms and feeling cheated and insulted. I just can't reward that type of failure, despite how much fun I have playing the game.

I'm still going to play the game, but they're going to have a tough time ever winning me back as a subscriber.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 01:24   #148
mitchverr

Still asking for ?50 for the game or ?70 for the "super edition" thing.

Lol, just lol.

lol.

'Ear all, see all, say nowt;
Eyt all, sup all, pay nowt;
And if ivver tha does owt fer nowt - Do it fer thissen
mitchverr is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
elder, mmo, online, scrolls