project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
21 Oct 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 13:54   #281
solidfire93

Default Re: Jets in 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
If you dont have anything smarth to say, pls leave this thread. You are just making yourself look dumb.
solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:42   #282
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to rPoXoTauJIo
Default Re: Jets in 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinen View Post
The next thing to be corrected in my opinion:
Armor(component) on most planes is put on "Airplane"-wrong.And then it has penetration of AA rockets 7.5 which is much larger than the helicopter which is 3 (PR_ARMOR_HELO_LIGHT)

https://imgur.com/a/XoY1Gq3

I do not know why the reason was ejected this armor PR_Airplane_Attacker -penetration 4.Which looks much better than "Airplane" armor c.

https://imgur.com/a/BsTN4Pf

And this is a probable reason why I could not do anything with adjusting head of the AA rocket damage.In the last video I used a AA rocket for testing with wary low exploding damage and plane explode.I wrote about it in "State of AA" theme.and maybe the reason Ehplosion_AA_blastwave...
The the with AA missiles is that they're proximity based, and never suppose to hit target directly but explode as it set in detonation component.

F.e., as current settings says for sa19_grison(tunguska missile), the explosion radius(35) even lower than detonation radius(50), so "in theory" target shouldn't be even damaged.
That's where we've had bf2 issue for ages - proximity checks for missiles were happening with much lower frequency than server fps, so missile could be at 51m from target at first tick, omitting explosion, and next tick it would be at 10m or at 49m, triggering explosion with basically random damage.
The check frequency been fixed at some of last patches, so detonation should now be happening on near edge of explosion radius - which require from us either increase explosion damage(aim-9 killing tanks lol) or adjust missiles materials damageMod against materials that planes, cas planes, and helicopters use.

Again that's kinda drives thread off as i'm mostly seeking flight physics feedback, and damage&materials could deserve their own thread if anyone upset

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
jets, poxo is ghey