project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
15 Aug 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2008-07-14, 23:58   #11
Shotgun

Default Re: Ranking and Kit upgrades...etc

only thing i want is the ability to choose from Reflex,Iron Sights and ACOG for all basic weapons. But ranks are a bad idea because people start camping and what not.

vBF2 ranking system = utter failure noone wants to play the game for a kazillion hours just to be 1st Lieutenant then to it all again to go up 1 rank

PR BigD for life

Home of the Australian and New Zealand PR Community

http://www.bigdgaming.net

Shotgun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 01:04   #12
Lynx

Would be nice If you could get upgrades for achieving objectives in game, rather than the vbf2 ranking stats

so if you cap a enough flags or destroy enough APCs or something you get an extra piece of equipment or a better gun next time you spawn/request a kit
Lynx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 03:26   #13
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

IRL killing guys dont get you promoted, real promotions come from work off the field, as welly uo actually have to apply for it, write a long narrative about "why you should get this rank?" and "why they should give ti to you and not the next guy?" its a freakin hassle, oh and the Commisioned ranks you hafta go through review boards.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 04:21   #14
Yasin22

it is to unrealistic the maximum rank is general since when did a general whent to a middle of a fight once please tell me
Yasin22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 05:38   #15
[=TC=]nuetron

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnopatience View Post
Idk if anyone posted this already but I have been thinking y not have ranking. You could make it easy to get at first but then after Corporal you could make it real hard to where you would probly have to have alot of game time to get to Sergeant and even down rank them as well or at least lose points to the next rank for like killing a civilian or a comrade in arms or wounding civilian or comrade. You could also put in medals for working hard at teamwork getting ppl something to work for such as gun upgrades. Just like in reguler BF2 you could make it to where you can have a new gun or maybe a gun upgrade idk this maybe a little to much but you can probly look into it in the next mod upgrade
I suggested it before. But without ranks(grades, they get mixed up), And I suggested that the unlock weapons be small things like: Sidearms, new knives/axes, But they didnt go for it.

"There is no such thing as WAR-FAIR" -me
[=TC=]nuetron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 07:18   #16
Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerof_D View Post
IRL killing guys dont get you promoted, real promotions come from work off the field, as welly uo actually have to apply for it, write a long narrative about "why you should get this rank?" and "why they should give ti to you and not the next guy?" its a freakin hassle, oh and the Commisioned ranks you hafta go through review boards.
in arma killing people allows you to scavenge off their corpses for better equipment and upgrades but in bf2 you can't do that, you have to drop your old kit instead of just being able to upgrade the one you have
Lynx is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
kit, ranking, upgradesetc