project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2021-09-04, 16:02   #1
Cheerio

Post Gaza Insurgency ALT layer Suggestion (Iraqi Insurgents vs IDF)

I think this idea would be interesting, kind of like the kfar ins alt layer.

during the second intifada (2000-2004) Hamas had very similar equipment to Iraqi insurgents at the time and very similar tactics. This could also be the same for the 2008/9 Gaza War.

To balance the assets you can give the insurgents more bomb cars or make the IDF have less apcs/tanks. You also could just give them m113s because Israel used that more in the 2000s.
Cheerio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-05, 16:28   #2
rogdozz
Default Re: Gaza Insurgency ALT layer Suggestion (Iraqi Insurgents vs IDF)

Hard to balance. Maybe if you give IDF no heavy assets, or as you said give INS multiple bomb cars.

I dont think Iraqi INS on a tiny and constrained map like Gaza would work well, it just doesn't fit their style. But we'd have to see how it works out, hard to predict. I do think its worth trying as adding a layer is almost no work
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-06, 00:06   #3
Cheerio

Post Re: Gaza Insurgency ALT layer Suggestion (Iraqi Insurgents vs IDF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogdozz View Post
Hard to balance. Maybe if you give IDF no heavy assets, or as you said give INS multiple bomb cars.

I dont think Iraqi INS on a tiny and constrained map like Gaza would work well, it just doesn't fit their style. But we'd have to see how it works out, hard to predict. I do think its worth trying as adding a layer is almost no work
How does Fallujah West work though?
Cheerio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-06, 19:24   #4
rogdozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
How does Fallujah West work though?
Fallujah West has way more open space, better places to hide, flanking routes and so on. At least that's how it feels to me. I think part of it is because there are more bushes and also less walls that constrain your movement.

Gaza you constantly run into enemies when you move from A to B so there is tons of fast-paced CQB (what Hamas is good at). Fallujah is same map size but you have more space to move around in peace, plant IEDs, prepare ambushes, do civilian tactics and so on. When enemy spots you they are usually still relatively far away and there is cover/bushes nearby. I'd say Fallujah is the map where Iraq insurgents are the most fun to play as.
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-10, 02:51   #5
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
I think this idea would be interesting, kind of like the kfar ins alt layer.

during the second intifada (2000-2004) Hamas had very similar equipment to Iraqi insurgents at the time and very similar tactics. This could also be the same for the 2008/9 Gaza War.

To balance the assets you can give the insurgents more bomb cars or make the IDF have less apcs/tanks. You also could just give them m113s because Israel used that more in the 2000s.
I agree, for standard Gaza needs tank removed, its a great roadblock map but 10 minutes of road block work while tank is down gets un-done in 30 seconds. All INS forces need an IED kit to spawn with like Taliban just got in-game. Gaza just has combat engineer with IED. Roadblocks need to be doubled up with IED if tank is to be on standard. Tank on Fallujah is no problem with RKG kit, IED and grass to sneak to tank.

But the thing we are missing the most for all INS maps is removing the instant arrest for shotguns. I hope this is all possible. We need to have protests of rock throwers who dont scatter at sight of a shotgun. Shotgun should be used for removing stamina to assist cuff arrest, you are just as screwed alone when made to lose stamina by shotgun. Just have it do different effect from riot or buckshot round for armed vs un-armed. The game already doesnt differentiate the rounds, it just uses buckshot to wound and "arrest" insurgents.

Dropping kit as insurgent should give an automatic rock slot. This would add a new teamwork dynamic and humorous way of defending cache un-disturbed by shotgun instant arrest threat. I already chase enemy off with rocks. Please advocate for removal of shotgun instant arrest, its not balanced against an already handicapped force. Could fire your weapon and join the crowd. There could be a massacre. The US would have to use counter protest tactics under light combat conditions or use APC security for dealing with civis under heavy contact.

Civis should be allowed to render aid and drag without penalty, it gives more detail and visual chaos to the battlefield if its allowed as a prolonged action without giving enemy permission to kill us immediately. We need to be allowed to drag our own civis. And last but not least if possible drag enemy with right click of the knife for armed, because we might want to hide a body, line up our kills as trophys.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gaza, hamas, idf, insurgents, iraqi insurgents