project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Jun 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 07-22-2004, 09:21 PM   #1
requiem
Retired - Project Founder
Supporting Member

Default What do you want to see in a Realism Mod?

Your chance to be heard...

requiem is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:10 PM   #2
claygast
Send a message via AIM to claygast
Default International Armies / Accurate Weapon Systems

Even though I am American, I'd love to fight as the modern British forces...

Other than that, I just want EVERY SINGLE gun to act, fire, and feel as it does in real life. (feel meaning overall ability of use)

claygast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:25 PM   #3
Private-Hudson

I don't want the realism to over burden the gameplay/fun factor. I'd like real vehicle physics (for the planes, you dont have to get them like a Sim, but pretty good). Real damage phyics would be nice, not EXACTLY real, but something like DoD would work.
Private-Hudson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 02:34 AM   #4
Greenie Beanie
Send a message via MSN to Greenie Beanie

Realistic damage.

Realistic helo physics.

Realistic models.

Greenie Beanie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 06:04 AM   #5
Black Beret
Retired Military Advisor

Realism to the nth degree. That is all I desire.

But here's a list:

Realistic weapon systems of all kinds: land warfare, aviation, individually served, crew served, etc.

A realistic portrayal of U.S. and Middle East Armed Forces.

Perhaps we could replace China with Great Britain?

I'll think of many more suggestions later.
Black Beret is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:26 AM   #6
Tomcat
Send a message via ICQ to Tomcat Send a message via MSN to Tomcat

Personally i do like realism...as close as possible to the real life...there is the things that I would like to see in the full game/mod:

1. Running speed. Realistic running speed, not running around like 100 meter athletes...with 40-80pounds of equipment...prime example BHD and JO of novalogic...speeds are far too undrealistic...I think a model close to AA where u have normal slowish running speed and sprint with fatigue built in...the whole point is than when u are engage in close quarter battle like 2 meters distance..u don't run around in circles like chicken fight..without being able to kill....also, different loads to have different speeds.
2. Health damage. When someone gets shot i would like 3 things to happen: i. to get a blury effect on the screen ii. to lose some of ur speed and limping..no way in real life..u have maximum damage (low health) and you can sustain the same running speed iii. your weapon accuracy should be dropping in line with your health. Overall health damage should be kept to maximum..very close to one shot one kill. If the engine allows for different damage i.e. arm shot, or leg shot etc...I would like to see very slow weapon reaload or not at all when u have an arm injury.
3. Emplacements and weapons in tanks, vehicles etc..to have limited ammo...also heat meter in all the weapons, the emplacements as well as the machine guns that gunners are carrying...(m60, m240 etc...).
4. When u prone and moving at the same time...not been able to shot (again same as AA)
5. No respawn. You are dead, you are out of the game until the end of the map...(can have spectator mode instead?)
6. No friendly tags at all.
7. Spin map...not so sure what info will be showing and if it's gonna be showing ur teamates init...also I'm not so sure what info real military gps are showing.
8. When vehicles run into something with speed sustain damage or break down.

That's about it for the time...as I'm sure..I will think of some more...)
Good luck...

Tomcat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:39 AM   #7
Black Beret
Retired Military Advisor

Those are pretty good suggestions, Tomcat.

As for the no respawn idea; matches would only be able to last 10 minutes maximum if respawns were removed.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:42 AM   #8
requiem
Retired - Project Founder
Supporting Member

Welcome to the Forums Tomcat!

Good suggestions.. btw, you can move and shoot in prone in AA :P (thats how slow the games are in the TWL Invite League).

requiem is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:55 AM   #9
Black Beret
Retired Military Advisor

If it can be done, I'd like to see a realistic weight system for all Soldiers.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:07 AM   #10
Tomcat
Send a message via ICQ to Tomcat Send a message via MSN to Tomcat

hm...haven't played much AA only a bit...but from what I've seen when you moving proning...the gun goes to a different position...when u are actually moving...probably I'm wrong.
I would definitely insist in at least the option of no respawn.Reasons? if it's gonna be project reality there is not respawn in real life..but i have to admit there are more troops..however...games won't be 10 mins..because players would think twice before they go in all guns blazing..they will make them think twice..use proper tactics...cover each other's backs and also use advanced marksmen before they go in...that's reality isn't it...?
Also one more thing to add on the above list.
Player physics: when someone stands still and goes prone and vice versa..to take realistic time..not in milliseconds up and down up and down like cartoons..especially with the weight that a soldier is carrying...the same for jumping..i've seen people in mp fps running and jumping all over to avoid bullets...can you do that in real life...?

Tomcat is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
mod, realism