project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
25 Jan 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2021-12-05, 23:39   #11
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

SemlerPDX's Avatar
Default Re: New PC cant run PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
I still run PR on my old windows XP machines. I wish I could make PR work on my windows 2000 machine(my favorite windows ever).
...and I wish I could make PR work on my Commodore64

Code:
LOAD "PRLauncher",8,1

SemlerPDX is offline
Old 2021-12-06, 00:08   #12
dcm
Default Re: New PC cant run PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
...and I wish I could make PR work on my Commodore64
Ok hipster.
dcm is offline
Old 2021-12-06, 10:03   #13
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: New PC cant run PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
You found it! Was gonna say that the report you posted points directly at the issue:
4.0.* is revision number for everything between 4.0 and 4.8
AlonTavor is offline
Old 2021-12-06, 22:26   #14
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

SemlerPDX's Avatar
Default Re: New PC cant run PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
4.0.* is revision number for everything between 4.0 and 4.8
Where did you see 4.0.* (or are you just making the point that IF we saw this, it would mean that)?

SemlerPDX is offline
Old 2021-12-06, 22:29   #15
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

SemlerPDX's Avatar
Default Re: New PC cant run PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
Ok hipster.
...says the person who favors Windows 2000


SemlerPDX is offline
Old 2021-12-07, 15:25   #16
dcm
Default Re: New PC cant run PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
...says the person who favors Windows 2000

What can I say. I appreciate professional quality and usability, over brightly colored novelty a.ka windows 8, 10, and mac os. Fuck linux what a waste of time.
dcm is offline
Old 2021-12-07, 20:51   #17
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

SemlerPDX's Avatar
Default Re: New PC cant run PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
What can I say. I appreciate professional quality and usability...
...and no TCP/IP protection, a maximum of 4GB RAM on a highly depreciated 32-bit operating system, long file name support disabled, baud rate constantly/randomly reverting to 9600, frequent hanging/locking up, loses its shit when 52nd IP address reached, redundant pop-ups for tasks "completed successfully", bugs/exploits/registry corruption...

Lived through it, been there, done that, bought the t-shirt and burned it in effigy. Not exactly what I would call "professional quality and usability", and I wasn't properly impressed with new Windows versions until XP hit the scene.

Maybe your experience differed, but I was glad to be out of that sea of insanity and ME was not a sufficient improvement imho.

SemlerPDX is offline
Old 2021-12-07, 21:00   #18
dcm
Default Re: New PC cant run PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
...and no TCP/IP protection, a maximum of 4GB RAM on a highly depreciated 32-bit operating system, long file name support disabled, baud rate constantly/randomly reverting to 9600, frequent hanging/locking up, loses its shit when 52nd IP address reached, redundant pop-ups for tasks "completed successfully", bugs/exploits/registry corruption...

Lived through it, been there, done that, bought the t-shirt and burned it in effigy. Not exactly what I would call "professional quality and usability", and I wasn't properly impressed with new Windows versions until XP hit the scene.

Maybe your experience differed, but I was glad to be out of that sea of insanity and ME was not a sufficient improvement imho.
You know the old saying? Linux is free, if your time is worthless.

Windows 2000 was better for every day office work than most other contemporary operating systems at the time. You know what's the best program on macintosh? Microsoft Office.
dcm is offline
Old 2021-12-08, 04:13   #19
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

SemlerPDX's Avatar
Default Re: New PC cant run PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
You know the old saying? Linux is free, if your time is worthless.

Windows 2000 was better for every day office work than most other contemporary operating systems at the time. You know what's the best program on macintosh? Microsoft Office.
I wouldn't know... our offices kept with Windows 98/NT until XP. Helping folks troubleshoot their Win2000 was a larf, and ME was even worse. Life truly began around the time XP released SP2, and BF1942 Desert Combat Mod finally had a successor in BF2: PR, and all the early growing pains of Windows faded into the past along with the A: drive

SemlerPDX is offline
Old 2021-12-09, 08:11   #20
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: New PC cant run PR

Issue is solved, please discuss your favourite OS in a new off-topic thread

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:45.