project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
07 Apr 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2016-10-06, 19:11   #1
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Default Westworld (TV Series)

HBO series with the same premise as the 70s film (or that episode of the Simpsons with itchy and scratchy land).

First episode seemed solid, basically just a western until the theatricals stop, then its sci-fi ish. So best of both worlds.

I can imagine if you had no idea what the surrounding premise of the show is, then turning it on your tv youd be mightily confused.

Whos watching?
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-06, 21:22   #2
jerkzilla

Default Re: Westworld (TV Series)

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the first episode. They're definitely aiming higher and going further than the film ever dared, making much better use of the setting IMO. Also loved the orchestral version of Paint it Black.

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-06, 23:11   #3
Gosu-Rizzle

I'we never seen the movie, but i enjoyed this first episode a lot. And yeah, both the "Paint it Black" and "black hole sun" were nice touches
Gosu-Rizzle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 16:04   #4
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Ahh the music was sublime!

Makes me wonder tho, how much can they really get season-wise out of this setting/story? Doesnt feel like it could make it to 6 seasons ala Game of Thrones?

Also, the subtle use of the fly in the first episode was genius. Actually screamed to myself holy fuck when she killed the one at the end.
Old 2016-10-07, 18:30   #5
Gosu-Rizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
Ahh the music was sublime!

Makes me wonder tho, how much can they really get season-wise out of this setting/story? Doesnt feel like it could make it to 6 seasons ala Game of Thrones?

Also, the subtle use of the fly in the first episode was genius. Actually screamed to myself holy fuck when she killed the one at the end.
I'we seen the writers say in an interveiw that they already have a loose plan for up to 5 seasons. They said thats necessary when starting a show like this or GoT, and i believe they mentioned Lost messed up by not planning ahead.
Gosu-Rizzle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-12, 20:04   #6
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

totally addicted already, totally agree re music!

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-13, 15:14   #7
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

I cant figure out whats going on for the life of me, and i pride myself on working our plot lines. Who is the man in black (and dont say ed harris), is it a real place or is it VR? Fuck knows.
Old 2016-10-13, 15:29   #8
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I'm going with real place as the physical body shop exists for the androids. The guy in black is an enigma, not sure if this 'deeper game' is designed or emerged randomly. There's a few fun storylines going at once.

Old 2016-10-13, 18:27   #9
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

But how did those guys teleport from the room into the train? And how can the entire world be a simulation on the table top thing in the labs?

Although, if it was VR or a video game, they could just turn it off, getting rid of the premise of the show.
Old 2016-10-13, 20:27   #10
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
But how did those guys teleport from the room into the train? And how can the entire world be a simulation on the table top thing in the labs?
I think the room was connected to a transport pod, the train is just a gimmick, in reality it's probably powered by antimatter or something and just looks like a train, it probably emerges from some kind of blind to keep it hidden.

the table top is surveillance imo rather than a simulation, truman show or hunger games style.

Tags
series, westworld