project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Apr 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-12-30, 12:55   #1
mebel
Default Night maps

Was playing CnC la Drang recently with this kinda good night layout. I would love to see other maps with this, or even better night-effect. Usually, night maps are nothing but same maps with different lightning - but it doesn't give you a proper night experience - you can see anything like in daylight - eg. Fools Road.

I know it would be impossible to make true night effect with grayed-out colors like ArmA, but at least it's possible to make it better like this one on la Drang. I'd love to see eg. Sebneth outskirts map with redesigned night.

I'd like to ask how this la drang layout is made? Can we discuss here a 'universal' solution to make proper night versions of maps that devs could easily apply?
mebel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 13:20   #2
[R-DEV]​Rusty_42
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Night maps

Night setting isn't appropriate for somewhat competitive multiplayer game modes.
Due to difference in players setup (room lighting, monitor adjustments, screen settings etc.) they experience may vary drastically. Extremly easy to get unfair advantage.
Only suitable for coop/singleplayer in my opinion.
Rusty_42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 13:38   #3
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebel View Post
Usually, night maps are nothing but same maps with different lightning - but it doesn't give you a proper night experience
And what is a proper night map then?

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 18:55   #4
mebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
And what is a proper night map then?
C&C Battle of La Drang has a decent setting, somewhat different than other night maps.
As I was trying to point out - simulating low light conditions is not that trivial.
Old 2018-12-30, 19:29   #5
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7

And yet Ia Drang night is "same map with different lighting". So what do you want?

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-30, 22:42   #6
X-Alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebel View Post
C&C Battle of La Drang has a decent setting, somewhat different than other night maps.
As I was trying to point out - simulating low light conditions is not that trivial.
Just because they don't make it as dark as possible doesn't mean it isn't a night map.

Every night layer added plays like trash because of gamma warfare.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-01, 21:56   #7
Brotherscompany

Honestly man l see where you are coming from but unfortunelly l dont really think the DVES would do much.

Night maps are always unfair since people just increasse the Gamma/Brightness, especially in PR that is a competetive game or at least one you will do everything not to die. For exemple l play on max brightness all the time because PR seems a bit dark in my opinion which leads me to having a unfair advantage over someone who aint playing on max brightness

On that note l dont think the resources will be placed on it since time for DEVS is like gold and they have other things on their hands like 1.6 and WW2 that we all want to see

Its sad because most of the suggestion in the forun basically culminates in this answer
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-02, 00:44   #8
UncleSmek

I played that one and it was a very nice round. I think overall it gives a different dynamic to the game experiencing the regular maps in night aswell.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-08, 17:49   #9
Heavy Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
Night maps are always unfair since people just increasse the Gamma/Brightness, especially in PR that is a competetive game or at least one you will do everything not to die.
Wrong. People everything just to kill others easier. Dying is of no importance in PR.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-12, 10:24   #10
mebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Wrong. People everything just to kill others easier. Dying is of no importance in PR.
Frags are tickets too

Btw If You walk up to eg. a tree on la drang, it gets brighter, like there is some lightning tweak - I've noticed that, so made this thread.

Tags
maps, night