project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
30 Nov 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2014-08-17, 00:46   #11
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Elite: Dangerous

afaik, they will drop the price once it reaches release state, right now is beta, and it was 100 $ when it was alpha
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 02:59   #12
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

150$ actually.

They strategised that making only a small amount of people buy it at that price and get everything that will come with it in the future would be better, as it would mean a smaller team would be directly affecting the development of the game, instead of having hundreds of thousands doing it.

It seems silly, but in fact it worked out quite well for them. They are very well received, they are very well on schedule with everything they are releasing and planning on releasing, and everything they SAY they will release, they are.

There have been only a few disappointed people who were looking for something completely different in the game, but the majority love it.

Once the game is ready for normal release the price drops and everybody can join in. There are already many people on this band wagon and honestly, the future of this game looks bright as fuck.

I'm playing the shit out of it.

ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 07:24   #13
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Do u have to buy ships for real moneys after U buy the game? Or just cosmetic customization things..?

Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 07:57   #14
ZZEZ
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebsif View Post
Do u have to buy ships for real moneys after U buy the game? Or just cosmetic customization things..?
Right now its only cosmetics, I don't know if it will change in the future.

ZZEZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 09:37   #15
Souls Of Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZEZ View Post
Right now its only cosmetics, I don't know if it will change in the future.
HE'S ALIVE! HE IS ALIVE!!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/3971/r0mg.jpg
Souls Of Mischief is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 13:07   #16
epoch
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfidude View Post
150$ actually.

They strategised that making only a small amount of people buy it at that price and get everything that will come with it in the future would be better, as it would mean a smaller team would be directly affecting the development of the game, instead of having hundreds of thousands doing it.

It seems silly, but in fact it worked out quite well for them. They are very well received, they are very well on schedule with everything they are releasing and planning on releasing, and everything they SAY they will release, they are.

There have been only a few disappointed people who were looking for something completely different in the game, but the majority love it.

Once the game is ready for normal release the price drops and everybody can join in. There are already many people on this band wagon and honestly, the future of this game looks bright as fuck.

I'm playing the shit out of it.
What he said, all of it. ^^^^^

I think the way they've produced and priced this game is quite smart. Whilst it's been in alpha and beta the higher price has probably meant the "omg everything on the internet should be free and done precisely my way" folks aren't filling up the forums with drivel. Elitist .. yes. But that's the name of the game.

Acknowledging it's a beta, and providing solid, constructive feedback is what will make this game truly great when it does release to market (at 'normal' prices). That said, the game is certainly very playable right now .. very little experienced yet in the way of crashes and bugs.

Hope to see you out there ralfidude. If you see CMDR epoch71 and CMDR cp ... be gentle on us ...

[R-MOD]Cp: epoch if I wasn't dancing right now I'd shoot you.
Last edited by epoch; 2014-08-17 at 13:53..
Old 2014-08-17, 13:56   #17
ralfidude

Send a message via AIM to ralfidude

I have a Viper and a K warrant scanner. If you're wanted... I will do things to you that you should only do to one another on the third date at the very least.

ralfidude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-17, 17:26   #18
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souls Of Mischief View Post
HE'S ALIVE! HE IS ALIVE!!!
and I conjured him!

Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 11:09   #19
ZZEZ
Retired PR Developer

Me and a friend took a flight in a Federal distress beacon, at Eranin 2:
Elite Dangerous Beta 1.03 Federal Distress Beacon multi - Imgur

ZZEZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 11:57   #20
Pantera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfidude View Post
I have a Viper and a K warrant scanner. If you're wanted... I will do things to you that you should only do to one another on the third date at the very least.

Hold hands?

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dangerous, elite