project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
30 Nov 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2012-09-11, 17:19   #51
MrTomRobs

Default Re: Unrealistic IDF weapon loadouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51 View Post
What do you mean by this? In PR its only on the marksman kit, which is limited to 1 per squad and 4 per team. Are you saying it should just be gone?
I was also a little confused about this point. The Marksman kit is the only IDF kit that has an ACOG if i recall correctly.

As for the Officer kit having pistols - this is just keeping kits in the mod uniform across all factions. In PR, all officer kits, both with iron sights and scopes, have a sidearm. There've been multiple threads about whether or not to give them to riflemen etc, but in game they are largely not used and only really used by pilots.

ANd my last little bit of input is again an observation about kit equality over all kits. You're referring to the fact that the x3 mag Mars sights are not issued widely to soldiers. My counter for this would be - yes, while its not issued in as wide a range as in PR, it's the same across all factions. The standalone Mars sight on the Tavor is the equivalent of iron sights on the L85 or AR-15, whilst the x3 mag is the equivalent of having a SUSAT or ACOG (on a sidepoint - i miss the SUSAT... was a beautiful little sight! Ah well :P). While i agree that this is project REALITY, the devs have always said they want to keep a good balance between gameplay and realism, and the fact of the matter is that some players will want to use scopes, and others will want to use iron sights - it's simply down to player preference, and the Devs 'issue' the x3 mag Tavor as this choice.

'There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those who can't.'

Gwlad! Gwlad! Pleidiol wyf i'm Gwlad!
MrTomRobs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 18:40   #52
BroCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9001 View Post
Sorry if you feel I'm nagging. But I see this mod strives for realism, so I feel entitled to point out inaccuracies.
Tbh its more like striving toward the balance of realism and gameplay. This isnt ACE.

BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 00:24   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51 View Post
What do you mean by this? In PR its only on the marksman kit, which is limited to 1 per squad and 4 per team. Are you saying it should just be gone?
Oh, because it doesn't say "limited" by the kit, like it does for the LMG, so I assumed it wasn't "limited". Okay, my bad, forget the ACOG issue.
9001 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 03:42   #54
Hunt3r

TBH the pistol is actually pretty handy, especially in close quarter combat where it's intense and suddenly your rifle goes click.

Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 09:54   #55
ZZEZ
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9001 View Post
Can someone please explain to me why the IDF weapon selection is so unrealistic?

1 - In game, almost everyone who has a Tavor has the 3x mag. IRL, this is issued generally to sergeants and officers. Most don't have the 3x mag.

2 - In game, the medic and grenadier have M4A1s, when the rest of the soldiers have the Tavor. You understand of course, that no army in the world follows the FPS video game trope of "medics receiving inferior weapons to compensate for their healing powers not being OP/weapon diversity sells more than monotony/medic isn't 'soldier class' so he should receive a different weapon entirely." What nonsense. As for the M203, they have Tavors mounted with it, why wasn't that model used?

3 - Negev is mounted with an ACOG. Outside of IDF SF, all soldiers utilize the iron sights mounted on the Negev. The ACOG would be seen as wasted, since it flies in the face of IDF doctrine (using the LMG purely for suppression).

4 - Tavor with ACOG is not limited in number of players who can use it? Sorry guys, but in the IDF, not everyone gets an ACOG.

Also, the combat vest of the soldiers seems to be the Efod, which has been phased out of front-line duty
isayeret.com

infantry units use a different model
IDF Official Combat Vest (Latest Model), Bought from IDF Surplus

Aside, very nice mod. I had a CAR-15/M4A1 with a Mepro when I was in Kfir, and I liked the model.
I'm the guy you are after.

All of what you mentioned was known to us when we made the kits - it was done for the sake of balance[and variety, eg medic] as eventually this is a game thats played in a competitive spirit, its realistic to have 4 magnifiers per platoon but its hampering the game when your side have aimpoints and the other side is decked out in x4 scopes and is picking you from a distance in a conventional map.

ZZEZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 12:33   #56
ChallengerCC
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to ChallengerCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudd View Post
sorry bud, but its the same; its probably a recoil issue.
Yes it center to fast and recoil is to low. You can hammer all Bullets in one 10cmx10cm box after running. Liek that is the gameplay of this maps: running and spreading (call of duty stile)
You dont need to wait until you are properly "aimed" and your "breath" and "wobbling" of the arms are gone.

ChallengerCC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 03:29   #57
ExNusquam

The supposed superiority of the TAR-21 is really imagined by most people. As per the config files, the TAR-21 has 10% less recoil than the M4, but has exactly the same deviation. Firing straight out of a sprint, your rounds will be just as accurate as if you had an M4. It's also worth noting that the deviation penalties for firing are exactly the same as the M4.
ExNusquam is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 07:51   #58
chrisweb89

The problem is the 3 round burst on the M-4 and M-16,(I'm not saying remove it). It is much easier, at least for me to control a burst of of full auto, than 2 3 round bursts. The jumping of the 3 round burst is what makes the M-4 and M-16 seem so crappy. I would gladly take any faction's scoped weapon over a scoped M-4/16. The C7 and C8 with their high rate of fire I put in the identical class as the Tar, as the best inf guns in the game.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 17:36   #59
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisweb89 View Post
The problem is the 3 round burst on the M-4 and M-16,(I'm not saying remove it). It is much easier, at least for me to control a burst of of full auto, than 2 3 round bursts. The jumping of the 3 round burst is what makes the M-4 and M-16 seem so crappy. I would gladly take any faction's scoped weapon over a scoped M-4/16. The C7 and C8 with their high rate of fire I put in the identical class as the Tar, as the best inf guns in the game.
IDF use the A1, which has full auto capability.
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 23:19   #60
chrisweb89

I know, I'm replying to why some people think the Tar is better than the M-4/16(burst). Its because, for me the burst ruins your control. The M4a1, M16A1, C7A2, C8A(version number?), and Tar-21 are all pure rape weapons for me.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
idf, loadouts, unrealistic, weapon