project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
30 Nov 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2011-10-08, 07:41   #361
Fishw0rk
Default Re: Battlefield 3 Mk.3 (PC/Console Game)

i'm pretty sure the game automatically saves your stats each time you die, as I've seen the little "saving" icon in the bottom right portion of the screen.

I also very much hate the fact that you need to unlock basic features like flares for jets and smoke for tanks. Its going to be hella difficult/impossible for anyone to level up air vehicles, unless they do so ASAP. I can't imagine the shit you'll have to go through when you're a low level pilot with no flares, and going up against 15+ engineers with stingers and other jets with flares. AND YOU DON'T EVEN GET MISSILES EITHER
Fishw0rk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 08:56   #362
Silly_Savage

No!

I spent all this time leveling up to get the EOD bot, but now that everyone knows about it, it's practically useless...

Back to Assault I guess. Or maybe I'll just stick with the Engineer for the AT/AA/mines.

"Jafar, show me a sniper rifle." - Silly_Savage 2013
Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 09:30   #363
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Well tried Caspian Boarder, to everyone saying don't judge it until you try this map and how amazing it is... i can't disagree more.

It is truly retarded.

The bloody voice overs.. 'Be advised blah blah blah' is just insentient, non stop, useless crap. How could this not be annoying? It is the worst feature in the game and a complete game breaker for me.. i can't stand it. It just never stops.

The 'markers' over spotted enemy that can be seen for miles through any terrain are another deal breaker for me, this can probably be sorted via hardcore mode, but with no HC mode available who knows.

With no modding for BF3 we will forever be stuck with the mainstream spammy gameplay i don't enjoy and those horrible announcements.. I'd have to say, 'Be advised, don't buy this crap'

First of the Battlefield series i wont be buying. More because i've moved on and it hasn't.
MadTommy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 09:34   #364
hiberNative

caspian border isn't as awesome as people hype it to be, and i already knew, but it's a fun infantry map imo, especially when hardcore is released and we get rid of the orange nachos.

-
Last edited by hiberNative; 2011-10-08 at 10:11..
Old 2011-10-08, 09:43   #365
dtacs
Supporting Member

IO Casipan could be pretty cool.

As would versions without the stupid AA, more jeeps and APC's.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 10:09   #366
ZZEZ
Retired PR Developer

Easiest way to win Caspin Border, you need 5 total individuals for this.
4 Engineers with Stingers/Iglas, 1 ammo mule.
Climb the Antenna - get to the 2nd floor and start volley firing the AA missiles on jets/helicopters, it usually takes 2 missiles to bring one down but when your firing four its a guaranteed death, you are giving your team complete air superiority so the friendly helo will destroy the other team.
If the other team realized what your doing and firing at you just relocate to the bottom of the Antenna or if you don't have control of the Antenna switch to Hilltop, theres literally nothing they can do as you can almost lock on to enemy jets when they take off from their base

ZZEZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 10:49   #367
Silly_Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]ZZEZ View Post
Easiest way to win Caspin Border, you need 5 total individuals for this.
4 Engineers with Stingers/Iglas, 1 ammo mule.
Climb the Antenna - get to the 2nd floor and start volley firing the AA missiles on jets/helicopters, it usually takes 2 missiles to bring one down but when your firing four its a guaranteed death, you are giving your team complete air superiority so the friendly helo will destroy the other team.
If the other team realized what your doing and firing at you just relocate to the bottom of the Antenna or if you don't have control of the Antenna switch to Hilltop, theres literally nothing they can do as you can almost lock on to enemy jets when they take off from their base
Oh man, I hope I find more players like yourself. I have the most fun AT sniping people off the antenna!

"Jafar, show me a sniper rifle." - Silly_Savage 2013
Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 11:11   #368
BroCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Savage View Post
Murphy's Law of the Battlefield 3 Beta:

If you happen to do well during a round, you will crash.

Do your kills and deaths still get logged even if the round crashes at the end?
If you crash in mid round and rejoin it will not count. If you crash and wait for the round to end it will count.

At least thats what experience told me

BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 12:15   #369
hiberNative

i feel like making a script that when i push my mouse button, the flashlight key will go on and off constantly, really fast.

makeshift strobe ftw.

-
hiberNative is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 12:38   #370
Cheditor

Ejecting from a Jet, then proceeding to fire an Igla at the jet that just destroyed your jet, awesome times!

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
6-apb, battlefield, bf3, close, console, experience, game, mk3, opinion, pc or console, quarters, skill