project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
03 Dec 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2015-04-22, 10:22   #1
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Killing Floor 2 (PC - Early Access)

(60fps available on youtube)

I have purchased Early Access KF2 and it plays solidly and runs smoothly on just about anything due to it using modified UE3.

Not all classes and obviously weapons are implemented yet, but it's currently very solid.
Last edited by ComradeHX; 2015-04-22 at 20:21..
Old 2015-04-22, 11:03   #2
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno
Default Re: Killing Floor 2(PC Early Access)

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 11:52   #3
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11...2-pc-game.html

Yeah I've been playing a bit this morning and it's a really good start, feels just like the old one (maybe too much? Not many things different, but maybe it's for the best.)
Midnight_o9 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 15:28   #4
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_o9 View Post
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f11...2-pc-game.html

Yeah I've been playing a bit this morning and it's a really good start, feels just like the old one (maybe too much? Not many things different, but maybe it's for the best.)
It's an evolution of the original.

It took all the good parts(the guns, the gore, the wave of enemies) and made it even better(no more annoying levelup requirement, more varied perks, offperk weapon not worthless, working hitbox even when stalker does cartwheel,...etc.).

However...the ONE part that it failed to keep is the "loads-a-money"...etc.
Funny british voice messages were part of the fun.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 18:16   #5
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

This is the game I've been waiting for the most since last year, awesome "chill out" game

Already played 8hrs worth, really good fun and its so refreshing that they have actually stuck with the formula of the orignal game and just improved it, unlike most games companies that just take a game title and sh*t all over it

Right now its a pretty hard to kill Scrakes and Fleshpounds, and the end boss (only managed to kill him once on normal difficulty...) since all you really have to kill him with right now is normal rifles and hand nades, but still really good fun

Playing with random pubbies is mostly a nightmare thou, you think they are watching your back then all of a sudden you turn around to find them gone, and a whole load of zeds clawing at your backside

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 19:37   #6
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
This is the game I've been waiting for the most since last year, awesome "chill out" game

Already played 8hrs worth, really good fun and its so refreshing that they have actually stuck with the formula of the orignal game and just improved it, unlike most games companies that just take a game title and sh*t all over it

Right now its a pretty hard to kill Scrakes and Fleshpounds, and the end boss (only managed to kill him once on normal difficulty...) since all you really have to kill him with right now is normal rifles and hand nades, but still really good fun

Playing with random pubbies is mostly a nightmare thou, you think they are watching your back then all of a sudden you turn around to find them gone, and a whole load of zeds clawing at your backside
If you wanted to kill fast, just get 3 supports on the team. :)

Seems to be the only heavy damage class at the moment.

Pubs are always nightmarish; but the worst is the retard who rages a scrake or FP while you are between it and the retard.
Old 2015-04-22, 19:55   #7
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post

I like that they're harder to kill because it makes it impossible to "hold your ground" when they show up and the best solution is to stay mobile. They're also harder to kill because of the pubbies not caring about what's going on around, I tend to not focus on the FP when he shows up because everyone shoot at him (more XP) while the other Zeds surround us and we all get stuck and die, so I clear around while the others take care of the FP, best solution so far.

There's also the fact that medics don't heal, and commandos don't take care of the cloakers... anyway, I'm very satified so far, and it's early acces

Shouldn't someone merge the two threads though?
Old 2015-04-22, 20:20   #8
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
I like that they're harder to kill because it makes it impossible to "hold your ground" when they show up and the best solution is to stay mobile. They're also harder to kill because of the pubbies not caring about what's going on around, I tend to not focus on the FP when he shows up because everyone shoot at him (more XP) while the other Zeds surround us and we all get stuck and die, so I clear around while the others take care of the FP, best solution so far.

There's also the fact that medics don't heal, and commandos don't take care of the cloakers... anyway, I'm very satified so far, and it's early acces

Shouldn't someone merge the two threads though?
They were supposed to kite FP/Scrake as long as possible while clearing the lesser mobs, then focus them down one by one.

But noobs always had to rage them and teamwipe.

Commando with proper lv.5 skill does not need to take care of cloakers anymore; anyone can see the cloakers he detects.
Old 2015-04-22, 20:34   #9
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
They were supposed to kite FP/Scrake as long as possible while clearing the lesser mobs, then focus them down one by one.

But noobs always had to rage them and teamwipe.

Commando with proper lv.5 skill does not need to take care of cloakers anymore; anyone can see the cloakers he detects.
I'm mostly playing commando, chose the nightvision because of coolness. I take down cloakers. My job.
Old 2015-04-22, 20:41   #10
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Ye, I do like the challenge, and once you've levelled up a bit as Commando you can start to do some damage to them too.

One thing I think is far too weak (overall) right now is the Siren, doesn't do much damage, has a pretty small radius making it pretty pathetic when mixed in with its low HP. KF1 one was much more deadly.

And ye, unless a team mate is getting decimated by one I as a commando tend to focus on the other Zeds otherwise what happens is they grab you and then the FP finishes you off while you can't move

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
Not if he has Night Vision thou, which can be pretty useful but while working with a good team it is better to have the "Call out" ability.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2pc, access, early, floor, killing