project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
15 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2016-07-25, 16:27   #11
[md]MadMak[rus]

Send a message via Skype™ to [md]MadMak[rus]
Default Re: Forum Breach

If this happened once and nothing changed regarding security, this could happen again.

Some guy: "u a f** lier this guy dont use cheats i see him everyday... u draw tha lines u f*** loser"

www.clan41.ru
Old 2016-07-25, 16:53   #12
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [md]MadMak[rus] View Post
If this happened once and nothing changed regarding security, this could happen again.
This is very true, hence we ask not to use the same password.

Old 2016-07-25, 19:57   #13
Jacksonez__

My password was 471 days old, lol. Had no idea.

Old 2016-07-26, 00:20   #14
[R-CON]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Contributor

Well, you are running vBSEO, no surprise that this was going to happen eventually.

A blog article about it

Forum post.
vBulletin.org Forum - View Single Post - Here's The Real Reason vBSEO Abandoned Ship

Quote:
You're close vbresults but you're missing the nitty-gritty per say, I was there and reporting to them about that exploit and also furious at them too when all this was going down .

People lost trust in it, that one exploit (can't remember the exact exploit i.e. not sure if it was the filestore one or not) was reported to them, their staff patched it on the site that reported the find and had planned to include the patch in the next release however that never happened and therefor a known exploit remained in the product through several variations of it over the course of one year give or take a month or two until the same exact forum owner was hacked again, he went to investigate and realized they had never included the original fix in the product... he had been hacked again by overwriting files that had the fix in it, with new fresh files that had the exploitable code still within well over a year later - I remember his comments and he was shocked to find that was how he was hacked again! vBSEO dropped not only the ball but the chain, the hook, and the crane it was attached to seemingly into the bottom of the ocean.

vBSEO was still alive for a while after that however to me, I noticed the decline right after that fiasco revealed itself. Their own site was infected, their download system also compromised from what I recall... so with that said I've seen a few asking for copies of vBSEO "I was licensed, I should be able to use a copy if I find it they left me hanging" or similar... well good luck hoping the copy you find even if from a friend was not already infected to begin with, might want to consider that based on the fact their site was compromised at one point in time, think of how many members were downloading files during that timeframe .

To this day I'm still fixing sites and the owners asking me "do you know how this happened" and in the footer is Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 or Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1 .

Last edited by mectus11; 2016-07-26 at 00:28..
Old 2016-07-26, 01:09   #15
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Quote:
Your password is 2641 days old, and has therefore expired.
Couldn't post had to erase all my messages except 25....

Thanks for your help via IM Mats and AD for unblocking me, it said sending email for confirmation but it didn't - correct address too.

Old 2016-07-26, 03:54   #16
obpmgmua

Seriously why would anyone wanna hack this site? We're just a small community in our own corner of the internet talking about a game we all like. It's akin to somebody eavesdropping on old church ladies.

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
Old 2016-07-26, 10:28   #17
agus92

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
Seriously why would anyone wanna hack this site? We're just a small community in our own corner of the internet talking about a game we all like. It's akin to somebody eavesdropping on old church ladies.
Love the comparison.

Well, TBH, there are some butthurts about the depiction of insurgent forces.
Old 2016-07-26, 11:37   #18
[R-CON]​Spook
PR Tournament Management
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

People don't give a shit about the content of this forums, all they care are the user dumbs with emails and passwords which they can sell. And this forums user database isn't small.

Old 2016-07-27, 14:04   #19
INVIS
Supporting Member

thanks for the info
using a disposable mail address myself, very thankful for those services.
Old 2016-07-27, 20:34   #20
erikkir

An underdog may rise to the occacion!
__________________________________________________ _
*RR* erikkir
Closed Thread

Tags
breach, forum