project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
15 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2015-09-27, 11:33   #11
epoch
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR: ARMA 3 Development Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio Chavez View Post
Now its like "heres unfinished code that was so ugly to finish that we dont want it anymore even after 2 years of development..."
Have you even bothered to download the code? Probably not.

In fact, out of the dozens of bugs that were fixed, there are only 2 left that we identified but were unable to resolve (due to the reasons we previously stated, and certainly not because we didn't want to).

For reference, the bugs are:
  • Spawning on rally point thats inside building puts you outside.
  • Marker color not updated when player joins/leaves squad

[R-MOD]Cp: epoch if I wasn't dancing right now I'd shoot you.
Old 2015-09-27, 14:53   #12
Grunwalski

Hey Guys, I love to play BF2 PR! And one month ago I decided to make a MP arma 3 Misson like PR. I work very hard with not that much coding skill. But it works great! I have everything know complete. You have a squad, sql can place RPs Build stuff from crates that where droped from Truckes or Helicopters. You can build a FOB. Caputure Flags. There is a Commander. Everything! neary 100 hours of work. next month I will test it with more people and update Stuff.
The only problem could be the server / script performance, because I cant test that on my own.
I hope you dont laugh on me or something, because you dont belive me or something.
If you have a arma 3 server we could try it out!

Edit: Some Pictures showing Crates/RPs/Commander:
http://imgur.com/a/9yntO
Last edited by Grunwalski; 2015-09-27 at 15:58..
Old 2015-09-27, 15:41   #13
Michael Z Freeman

Thanks for releasing the code. Surprised you could not find more SQF coders as the ArmA community is usually pretty enthusiastic about these kind of things, especially with a mod with the history of PR. Could have just been the timing I guess. A3 is a beast compared to BF2 and it can be frustrating from a game play perspective as well as with development (I speak from a place of just having dabbled a little in development for A3, but I got the feel of it). But the rewards can be huge in terms of scale and depth of game play in A3.
Old 2015-09-27, 21:03   #14
ytman

Heavy news guys. Thanks for releasing your work for other to pick up!

Just want to tell you that ArmA:PR2 was a beautiful experience when it was working right. That game had so much to it and it just felt right. I was a beta sign-up and was so enthralled with it that I had left BF2:ArmA during its life.

Thanks for all the work - and you guys undoubtedly gave us many man hours of fun 'no-where-else' experiences.
Old 2015-09-28, 10:26   #15
Fabio Chavez

Do you maybe still have pra2 custom vehicle models flying around that you might like to donate to CUP?
Old 2015-09-28, 15:14   #16
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Worth.

While the Squad team was looking for a more solid solution to the game engine issues, you guys did the next best thing, Mod.

B4TM4N
Old 2015-09-28, 21:15   #17
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
I'm amazed by your words
as one of the 'laze dev of arma 3' who runs 100-150 player Arma 3 test servers
as one who constantly works on improving multiplayer, servers and creative community life
also considering the stuff done on per request for PR: Arma in A2: OA times ...

your words shows you have no idea about us listening and cooperating with creative community
Excellent! i will back to play now, finally I'm not gonna to clip through the floor houses and brake my leg and my shoots will actuality do damage when i hit it right? after 2 years of development my 100R$ will wort a full release game.

Sorry i cant into English...
Old 2015-09-28, 22:09   #18
Fabio Chavez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roque_THE_GAMER View Post
Excellent! i will back to play now, finally I'm not gonna to clip through the floor houses and brake my leg and my shoots will actuality do damage when i hit it right? after 2 years of development my 100R$ will wort a full release game.
sounds like you are

Old 2015-09-28, 23:35   #19
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio Chavez View Post
sounds like you are

still about Arma.

Sorry i cant into English...
Old 2015-09-28, 23:46   #20
PaintScratcher

Through my small contribution I was able to see the huge amount of effort and time that a few dedicated people put into PR:A2/3. Although it perhaps didn't turn out as had been first hoped I do think that you brought a unique blend of gameplay that many enjoyed immensely. I certainly had a blast with PR:A2 and hold the dev team in the highest regard. A huge thanks to everyone involved, especially to the core team, that have pulled through and released this to the community.

Cheers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread

Tags
arma, development, update