project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
16 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2015-04-09, 11:40   #41
Ranzpirat
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Keep Project Reality Alive!

While I also would like to see the questions Curry and Senshi brought up answered, I still love you guys and want to be an old man with you beeing my stripper which I take home and marry after the lapdance. Take my money.

Old 2015-04-09, 11:42   #42
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Oh man, it makes me emotional seeing how much has already been donated. Thank you guys so much! The support for PR:BF2 and seeing all those votes for Squad really shows the awesomeness of this community!

But yeah, I understand all the questions you guys have. But talking about finances is never fun is it
As the OP says it costs us about 400 to keep the servers running right now. Do remember this is not only this website, it's mostly our development server that are so important. Without them we cannot continue.

With adsense gone and donations going down each year (together with player numbers), we were running red after a while. Hence we need this amount to go back to +. After that we hope to be able to reach our normal goals each month together with cutting down on costs with cheaper servers and alternative ad programs.

I'm pretty sure you won't get any more details unless Slick wants to post them himself. We aren't simply gonna cross him on that.

Old 2015-04-09, 11:47   #43
mries
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Glimmerman View Post
you can get paypal and link it to your regular checking account
Really? I will look into that, Thanks!

Old 2015-04-09, 12:09   #44
Wyrdstone
Supporting Member

I just donated more to PR than I paid for anything in at least the last year on my steam account lol. Something is clearly wrong
Old 2015-04-09, 12:13   #45
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
Oh man, it makes me emotional seeing how much has already been donated. Thank you guys so much! The support for PR:BF2 and seeing all those votes for Squad really shows the awesomeness of this community!

But yeah, I understand all the questions you guys have. But talking about finances is never fun is it
As the OP says it costs us about 400 to keep the servers running right now. Do remember this is not only this website, it's mostly our development server that are so important. Without them we cannot continue.

With adsense gone and donations going down each year (together with player numbers), we were running red after a while. Hence we need this amount to go back to +. After that we hope to be able to reach our normal goals each month together with cutting down on costs with cheaper servers and alternative ad programs.

I'm pretty sure you won't get any more details unless Slick wants to post them himself. We aren't simply gonna cross him on that.
Thanks for the reply Mineral

I have hope though that after 1.3's release, playercount is going to go through the roof when it's advertised. I can imagine nearly all servers being full.

I guess it works both ways since more people = more popularity = more money.

Also, another suggestion: A please disable ad-block message for the guys who use adblock
Old 2015-04-09, 12:17   #46
tatne

Sucks to be employed.
Can't really donate anything
But it's nice to see people have been very generous

I wish the best of luck with keeping the mod alive.
New content looks nice, wouldn't have believed we see another new faction in PR :P
Old 2015-04-09, 12:19   #47
Pronck
Supporting Member

Waiting for my next paycheck to donate some again!
Old 2015-04-09, 13:31   #48
Chappers

For what its worth amidst all the people telling of their donations, I'm loving the new content! So hyped for the Type 21 Frigate! Having been on one IRL i am so anticipating this, it looks amazing! Does this also mean we're going to get a new Westland Lynx - the Navy's variant. If so holy damn cant wait!

The Polish forces are also looking as if theyre coming along great. Really looking forward to playing as the Poles and fighting in the Falklands. Keep up the good work PR devs. We're all still here
Old 2015-04-09, 13:32   #49
khtk1

U got my Sweet love and money too
Hope thats gonna help u keep the best warfare game that ever made alive
keep up the wonderful work that u guys doing
Old 2015-04-09, 13:35   #50
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Cheers to everyone who has donated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers View Post
For what its worth amidst all the people telling of their donations, I'm loving the new content! So hyped for the Type 21 Frigate! Having been on one IRL i am so anticipating this, it looks amazing! Does this also mean we're going to get a new Westland Lynx - the Navy's variant. If so holy damn cant wait!
Currently we are just looking at re-skinning the Lynx AH.7 but if we have time amongst all the other things we want to do for the next PR:F release, we may modify it a little to give it wheels instead of skids etc but this is very low priority on our to-do list so will probably not happen, especially since its only a minor visual change at the end of the day.

Closed Thread

Tags
alive, project, reality