project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
15 Dec 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2015-04-09, 10:34   #31
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Amok@ndy
Default Re: Keep Project Reality Alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Amok@ndy View Post
the 1.500$ is a one time goal that has to get reached to pay our debts.

we do not spent 1.500$ per month and we are already looking for cheaper solutions.
as i said already this will be a one month goal. its just to close the gap that google ads left.

Old 2015-04-09, 10:59   #32
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

Would donate, but currently running in the red myself, so funds are tight.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero
Old 2015-04-09, 11:01   #33
Curry
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Alright then, thanks Andy and Camo for clearing that up. If it's a one time goal, okay.
I'm sorry if my posts stopped people from donating and I will do my best that we reach the donation goal together. But at the same time I expect you to understand my concerns, you have more informations than the rest of us does.

And when looking at the donation bar I guess the goal will be reached by tonight. I honestly hope there will be another News / further informations after the goal is reached and what will happen next!

My statements about the bad PR work still stands. I hope there will be some change in that matter.

Curry.

P.S.: Rezza if you to have a philosophical discussion about trust find me on TS :P

Old 2015-04-09, 11:09   #34
mries
Supporting Member

I don't own a creditcard... otherwise I would have donated my share. This game is more worth than those €60,- COD's.
The hours you can spend in this game is almost endless.

Old 2015-04-09, 11:23   #35
ctbear1996
Supporting Member

For us who don't have credit card, the best thing we can do is share this page. I posted it on steam activity. I would pay 59.99 if it's on steam.

Thanks for this great mod! Thanks to you guys!

Nothing
Old 2015-04-09, 11:26   #36
LiamNL

Wait, doesn't the forgotten hope 2 mod run on the same master server? Don't they contribute to keep it running?
Old 2015-04-09, 11:31   #37
xact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry-Chicken View Post

And when looking at the donation bar I guess the goal will be reached by tonight. I honestly hope there will be another News / further informations after the goal is reached and what will happen next!

My statements about the bad PR work still stands. I hope there will be some change in that matter.
100% what he said.

Old 2015-04-09, 11:35   #38
[R-DEV]​Senshi
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Senshi

The answers given to Curry are very opaque, the only thing we know is it's a "one-time thing".
As Curry said, transparency is key. Supporting is all nice, but it's also reasonable to see that the money is used efficiently. It's easy to waste a lot of cash with infrastructure if you aren't careful. If you hint that "nobody noticed that adsense ran out" this rather is a synonym for bad bookkeeping.
I've seen this with various "creative" communities: Content generation is nice and everybody loves it, but nobody wants to have to bother with mundane things like keeping the servers running, so it's a topic kept in the closet while the wallet is flush.
If you say "you are looking for cheaper alternatives", this translates to "We are wasting money right now" for me. So be open and transparent, and the community will love and support you. A bit of public self-reflection goes a long way in building trust.

My remaining Qs:
- How high are the continuous running costs per month (forums, dev FTP, master server, etc.)?
- Do you have a dedicated active person in the team that is responsible for overall bookkeeping?
- Are you overspending right now?

It's not a bad thing to admit to accounting errors or negligence. The contrary is true: being open about the underlying issues and mistakes made is the best way to show transparency and trust in the community.

Old 2015-04-09, 11:35   #39
Ruskington
Supporting Member

Shut up and take my money.
Old 2015-04-09, 11:37   #40
[R-DEV]​Glimmerman
PR:BF2 Dutch Forces Lead
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Glimmerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mries View Post
I don't own a creditcard... otherwise I would have donated my share. This game is more worth than those ?60,- COD's.
The hours you can spend in this game is almost endless.
you can get paypal and link it to your regular checking account

Closed Thread

Tags
alive, project, reality