project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 May 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-02-18, 08:05   #11
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Optimized Controls Layout

I would recommend you get a mouse with a few programable buttons and then you wont need to fish around on the keyboard for chat keys

PS. "Forward" key is weapon 3 and backwards key is weapon 4, middle click is weapon 5, just have them programmed in my ingame controls to use mouse forward and mouse back

I also tend to use the squad menu (caps lock key) instead of the map key for looking at the map, unless I'm flying, espically if I'm a Squad Leader since you can also setup attack comands etc via it, as well as see the status of people in your squad with what kit they are using etc.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2016-02-18 at 09:29..
Old 2016-02-18, 09:20   #12
Spook
Supporting Member

ye, got TS, sqd chat and local all on my 3 thumb buttons on my g500.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-18, 11:15   #13
Cpt.Future
Supporting Member

"DPI Cycling" -> that one is pretty important
Cpt.Future is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-18, 15:38   #14
vishuddaxxx

the only thing I changed was F to jump and SPACE to prone
vishuddaxxx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-18, 16:40   #15
Ingwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishuddaxxx View Post
the only thing I changed was F to jump and SPACE to prone
Wouldn't it be easier to reverse it? Leave space for jump and F for prone?
Ingwar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-18, 17:42   #16
Gen.Aladeen002

I had a bad habit of jumping out of helicopters/jets while I was flying so I moved my enter button all the way up to ''?'' and my local and squad chat are both on my mouse.
Gen.Aladeen002 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 23:13   #17
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

That E has made me fall out of moving vehicles more than once, I have left it for the random lol element.

PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-20, 23:53   #18
Anderson29
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
Before I had a mouse giving me 2 additional buttons I swapped E, H and num0.
E became squad talk,
H = join/leave Vehicle
and num0 = talk in local (Not recommended when driving a 2-man vehicle eg. APC).
Go to mumble settings turn local up to 200%. Turn down effects volume within pr to 50 or 60% then local works fine in any vehicle.

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 22:21   #19
Cavazos

You can map your layout by categories on the keyboard. I use my old WASD keys for movement, but i've moved it all the way to TFGH so I have more keys to use.

My thumb controls secondary movement keys such as sprinting, crouching, and jumping while also having access to my Use and Drop Kit keys.

I use my pinky finger for communication and have Ventrillo, TeamSpeak, in-game VoIP, in-game Commander, Commo Rose, Squad Commo Rose, local, and squad chat all set to different keys.

My mouse controls weapon modifiers such as reloading, changing fire mode, and changing scope mode. All extra keys are placed to the right of my movement fingers.

Some of the keys I use for other games, but it let's me have the same keyboard layout in any game while giving me lots of options while minimizing how far my fingers must travel to do something.

The main idea is to always have access to your main movement keys while being able to fire at any movement. So your WASD keys alongside with your Primary Mouseclick. Everything else supports that.

On my mouse I use my middle click for reloading, since when I have to reload I won't be firing anyway. I use the two side mouse buttons for changing the fire rate and scope or iron sights. Works when you're in trucks and HMGs as well for changing your view. And of course the scroll wheel for zooming.
Last edited by Cavazos; 2016-03-04 at 22:37..

Tags
controls, layout, optimized