project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
29 May 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2012-04-22, 14:38   #1
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Low sound

Yesterday and today, when i started PR, all ingame sounds were lower (I ran game at 10% wich was more than enough, changed it to 15%, doesnt make a difference while this problem is active.). The sounds are nower but also a bit muffled. Like tis some sort of overlay muffling the game and computer. I have everything set on 100, in mixer table in the properties, everything unchecked that could cause problems.

However, i had the game audio set on Software, High and EAX enabled. Now i changed to Hardware, High and EAX enabled. I only have a built in soundcard, wich is proably me. Thing is, i've never had such a problem, except with skype controling the mics or game volume being lowered when on voice programs, but that i disabled long long ime ago and it still is that way.

Any ideas?
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 15:13   #2
[R-COM]rushn
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default Re: Low sound

is it low and muffled outside BF2 or just in BF2?

because it if it low outside of BF2 it can be a hardware problem
rushn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 15:52   #3
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Yes, or it's Win 7 automatic sound volume change...
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 16:37   #4
Arnoldio
Banned

I dont know for sure if its muffled outside PR. Ill have to test a bit more. (I notice a change immediately in PR but outside, i dont have a constant comparison point.)

My bro just got Test Drive Unlimited 2 the day it started occuring. Might have to do something with it. Ill need to investigate a bit.
Old 2012-04-22, 19:25   #5
MaSSive

Ye its a sound CP in Win7. Go to Win7 CP Sound>Communications and tick Do nothing. Apply.

Then if its still low Alt+Tab to desktop while in game and right click on mixer in system tray ( Open Volume Mixer ). You should see BF2 in there so bump the Volume slider up and that's it.

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 19:39   #6
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
... Might have to do something with it. Ill need to investigate a bit.
Veeery gooood idea mate!
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 20:54   #7
Arnoldio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]MaSSive View Post
Ye its a sound CP in Win7. Go to Win7 CP Sound>Communications and tick Do nothing. Apply.

Then if its still low Alt+Tab to desktop while in game and right click on mixer in system tray ( Open Volume Mixer ). You should see BF2 in there so bump the Volume slider up and that's it.
Ive done all that shit the first day i put the computer together. Thats why it bothers me.
Old 2012-04-22, 21:16   #8
MaSSive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
Ive done all that shit the first day i put the computer together. Thats why it bothers me.

Okay what about this one? Recheck them might be some update restored it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...d-e880c0c37602

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 22:10   #9
Arnoldio
Banned

Done all of that. It fixed itself when i restarted the computer, i just wanna know how to avoid/fix it if it pops up again.

Ive played PR now, worked good. However, i had Loudness Equalization turned on, wich affected the game, but when i got the problem the first time, it was not on as far as i remember.

Tags
low, sound