project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Apr 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2019-03-21, 22:29   #391
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: PR Loading Screen Tip Suggestion Thread

6th installation of Grump's tips/orders

-As insurgents require the enemy to use proportional force to the threat you pose as insurgents by using civilian martyrs in explosive suppression impact zones and in the way of other suppression or breach hazards.

-Learn to drive in Project Reality as if it is real life, not only will you crash less but you will prevent running over friendlies. Watch your speed when near friendlies who are on foot, slow down on tight turns/curves. Only times to go full speed are for evasion and traveling on unobstructed straight roads you can maintain control of high speeds on

-Fire and move away from your own tracers and friendlies last tracer outgoing locations immediately and keep up the fire as you go, this will draw fire to areas you have already vacated and make you seem like a larger force than you really are. As well as making the enemy miss. 4 guys can feel like 8+, this method also gives machine gunners good covering fire.

-If you cannot aim for your target zones without being acquired as a target by your enemy too quickly, suppress from behind cover firing as close to over the enemy heads as you can to get them in cover. Keep in mind this will only work until the enemy realizes that psychological warfare you doing up over their heads, use the limited time to move or accomplish something.

-Lay near potential enemy fighting positions in camouflage over looking the cap zone at the farthest visual distance that will intersect with their likely direction of approach. Be a look out for defending forces and a harassing guerilla, patrol a ring perimeter all positions moving 1-3 seconds or less in the open camo to camo. Knife enemy then throw their grenades on blast radius to cover your escape causing chaos, have confidence and speed with this method and you will survive. Just Do It

-Go outside in real life, smell the ground, smell the plants, feel the suns heat, prone in the shade of a dense bush cluster, get friendly with the bugs, feel the wet muddy ground. Smell the smokeless powder, get eye level with the cover a good fighting position of tree roots or good defilade. This will immerse you further and give you an idea of the feeling as you are playing Project Reality.

-When fighting in a woodland, jungle, anything of dense vegetation, urban rubble of ruins environments... take up good position with your fire teams within objectives. You are not looking for human shaped or sized object, if you can see them that is great but engage anything that moves or looks suspicious within your managed target zones keeping friendlies out of the target zones until a controlled breach or communicated adjacent position occupation can be accomplished.

-Set up in sight of each other, cover all possible positions and angles enemy could fire on you or your friendlies by locking down the target zones, scan across your mates backs, area targets and each point target position every 1-10 seconds should a enemy peek a target quickly. Give the enemy no chance to see anything, be ready to shift maintaining this same method to a new position within objective before grenades and return fire mimicking suppression comes in.

-When running armor such as APC or TANK, upon entering the combat zone within possible field of view of enemy spotters or other threats... Know there is no stealth with armor unless against other armor that has no or little effective intelligence along with your proper use of terrain features concealing your armor target body. Once armor threats are down feel free to suppress target zones with explosive impact zones and MG area targets, re-arming, repeating. Assess your damage for the infantry confidence to push

-When running armor do not bunch up the armor for any reason, use the same skills you would as infantry but with the body of a armored vehicle. All skills such as cover, concealment, communication, proper spacing without bunching up, terrain features for safe travel, combat techniques of fire, intuitive based X-Ray vision for hitting parts of armor concealed by foliage, target identification and proper scanning methods to stay alive.

-For tank machine gunners you should be very good at using iron sights and spotting enemy target dots alone with effective firing techniques. Your job is to hit area targets and point targets once in the danger zone of many threats, know your tanks status as far as being compromised. Fire at the height of a man everywhere a HAT/LAT/ close combat engineer sapper could be hiding. Use good fire control methods of 3-5 or 5-10 round bursts to conserve ammo surviving until enemy armor is down.

Did I mention I'm a deadly SOB? Life is like a box of chocolates fool, you never know if its me till you break down that psychological warfare that done happened to you or your friendlies. Get to know me on the Squad v12 and Project Reality 1.5 teamwork playlist on YouTube for 20+ skills
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2019-03-22 at 00:02..
Old 2019-03-21, 23:36   #392
Grump/Gump.45

7th installation of Grump's survival orders and methods from the Squad v12 and Project Reality teamwork playlist

-For helicopter pilots transporting troops, take a look at where you are requested to take the guys in the chopper. If it is too dangerous of a location due to distance from possible enemy tell the squad you are transporting the safest, next closest landing zone you can take them to. Tell the squad 500 meters is 2 minutes on foot, 1000 meters is 4 minutes.

- Ideally as a chopper pilot your chosen route should provide cover of hills or concealment of tall forests. Stay out of range of enemy until you have the final safe direction approach. If you go around and come from enemy main direction you can confuse enemy.

-As a chopper pilot who needs to go into a hot landing zone to pick up or drop off troops and supplies, to ensure survival call in artillery or for airstrikes designated by ground forces or yourself on the map on areas the enemy could possibly fire on you from. Reduce the window of opportunity that your chopper is a target, don't come in from the same directions each time.

-As a transport squad leader if you are evacuating a defensive unit who needs to move up to the next defensive cap zone, but they are still under attack work out a LZ for them to break contact and fall back to. Help out by communicating the plan to your commander and giving him a marker to mark for evacuating squad leaders pre planned LZ. This is faster than the squad leader evacuating having to look for that grid and mark it for his squad or having to plan it himself (Stresses Grump Out).

- As a transport pilot for fast hover drop off, 10 meters is the proper elevation to safely drop troops un-injured on to the ground without landing. Watch and get a feel for this elevation, remember to not be moving except to turn chopper during the fast drop.

-Drop supplies for troops in cover close to their fighting positions if you have the time, behind clusters of foxholes, defilades, good camouflage positions to keep them alive. This will allow them to access ammo quicker without running out into the open to get ammo from a poorly placed crate, giving them more immediate firepower and grenades. 2 crates close together in same spot allows for faster grenade re-arms.

-A chopper gunners job is to suppress all areas of cover and concealment where no friendlies are upon entering the most likely possible danger zones where enemy could spot or hear the choppers direction. They should also jump out upon landing with the troops as only flares and evasive maneuvers will save the chopper from AA and other return fire. For CAS door gunner who stay in suppress everywhere no friendlies are on attack runs.

Did I mention I'm a deadly SOB? Life is like a box of chocolates fool, you never know if its me till you break down that psychological warfare that done happened to you or your friendlies. Get to know me on the Squad v12 and Project Reality 1.5 teamwork playlist on YouTube for 20+ skills
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2019-03-21 at 23:59..
Old 2019-04-05, 15:23   #393
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR Loading Screen Tip Suggestion Thread

Hey Grump, I know ya mean well. But the loading screens are for quick tips that you can read in a second. Not a paragraph of information that takes longer to read than the game loads. Also I'm fairly certain that some of your tips are already suggested or even in the game.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-19, 22:36   #394
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
Hey Grump, I know ya mean well. But the loading screens are for quick tips that you can read in a second. Not a paragraph of information that takes longer to read than the game loads. Also I'm fairly certain that some of your tips are already suggested or even in the game.
Does it really need to be said that aside from me editing, if any of these are to be used in the game they will be edited and remixed by the people making it. It says my reasons for editing are shortening by re-wording to PR tip format. Loading screen stays on 15% Objects for a while, its slow loading for everyone relatively. On top of the fact many people read it here.

8th installation of Grump/Gump.45 standing orders from Squad v12 and Project Reality 1.5 teamwork playlist

-Program your mind to survival, awareness and communication. Be aware like a radar using senses of sight, sound... know all possibilities in any situation based on angles, assets, safety, terrain etc both on your teams end and the enemies end. Be aware of what enemy may know or assume. The goal is first to stay alive to keep the objective. Keep others alive.

-Your mind is the greatest weapon regardless of the kit you have, don't let the enemy mess with your mind or manipulate you and do everything to mess with the enemies. I.E use methods like probing fire giving the enemy tracers to shoot back at revealing their position to you, force enemy out of terrain by shooting at them even when you don't see them. Stress them.

-Base teamwork off METT-TC considerations (Mission, Enemy, Terrain, Troops - Time, Civil considerations) to apply to each situation. It should be considered before and during each match to keep people alive, Mission is always to keep people alive first to complete objectives. Think about enemy equipment and how they might use terrain to survive with it. Know all possibilities and in depth status of friendly/enemy/objectives then apply time to be more effective and better anticipate enemy.

-Use less ammo than the enemy, draw fire to your location in one spot by shooting less than what enemy is using. Shoot through foliage, through loop holes, over rubble or other areas of concealment remaining eye level with it to stay least exposed. Once enemy attention is drawn to a location move to another, waste the enemy ammo and time by being frustrating target.

-Use tracers to direct your teams firepower identifying target zones with both outgoing and incoming tracers. For a team with iron sights going up against scopes use the tracers of the team with scopes to direct large volumes of firepower aimed with iron sights over and around the enemy general location.

-Stay out of angle of enemy armor especially if it has thermal FLIR vision, don't peek to look at it, don't stand up around friendlies hiding from it, move around it behind deep cover and don't give it any target opportunity. Always be aware if you are going to be exposed to it from a future or current position, make sure others are aware of the danger. Don't get other people killed.

-Apply window of opportunity concept to every situation. For example the window of opportunity to be shot, to be seen, the time to safely move, the window of time where no armor will be a threat. Wait for these windows of opportunity and manipulate them to you advantage. It can make a sniper shoot a specific location or get a full squad across open desert.

-This historic explanation I(Grump) learned about colonial volunteers questioning their orders as noted by French General Marquis de Lafayette in the American Revolution explains the structure of my orders. "These Americans frequently question every order and carry it out slowly, or even with incompetence.. they seem to more effectively follow orders once a justification, description or explanation follows it or is included."-General Lafayette letter, source YT:channel -Yale Courses- Search-Yale Courses American Revolution professor Freeman.

Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2019-04-21 at 20:00..

Tags
future releases, loading, screen, suggestion, thread, tip, tips