project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
19 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2015-12-04, 20:13   #31
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member
Default Re: Creative X-Fi audio renderer

I can't find it on Amazon. Sounds (hoho) worth a try for better sound.

What about MB3

PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-06, 15:17   #32
MaxP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
I can't find it on Amazon. Sounds (hoho) worth a try for better sound.

What about MB3
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blast...Fi+Titanium+HD
- but I can guess it doesn't fit your budget.
So you have to realise that with software solution you can't get the sound quality and speed compared to hardware X-Fi, like a X-Fi Gamer/Titainum, especially Titanium HD.
And the sound quality formula is: quality of headphones X quality of soundcard X quality of source sound.

But - just only using good headphones and software X-Fi CMSS 3D + EAX (even without enabling X-Fi and EAX in game options) will give you much better sound in BF2.
Last edited by MaxP; 2015-12-06 at 16:05..
Old 2019-06-26, 11:23   #33
Michael Z Freeman

Thought I'd post this on this thread as it has references to this "broken reverb on many maps" and BF2's/X-Fi/MB3 "bugged EAX". In fact there is a fix for this that no one else seems to have found.

1. The level should have this file (for example) "D:\SteamLibrary_Win10\steamapps\common\Battlefiel d 2\mods\aix2ex_mm\Levels\Dalian_plant\server.zip\So unds.con". If it does not, add it to the level "server.zip".

THIS FILE IS CONFIRMED *MISSING* IN MAPS THAT HAVE DISTORTED EAX.

The file contains ...

Code:
rem ------------------------------- Global Reverb ------------------------------
rem -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
sound.setReverb "common/sound/levelambients/Openlandscape.eax"
rem -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Make sure the all important "Openlandscape.eax" is in "D:\SteamLibrary_Win10\steamapps\common\Battlefiel d 2\mods\bf2\Common_client.zip\Sound\LevelAmbients"

That directory also contains "City.eax" which is used in some maps that need a different EAX effect.

I have confirmed multiple times now that this fixes any EAX/reverb sound corruption. For example this manifests itself, without the above fix, as being able to hear the "clink, clink" flag sound anywhere on the map (in vanilla BF2 as PR does not have that sound). Or in PR and other mods just being able to hear everything where ever you are including huge reverb distortion. The above fixes this on X-Fi hardware or X-Fi MB3 virtual sound card.

Michael Z Freeman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-28, 13:02   #34
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Z Freeman View Post
Thought I'd post this on this thread as it has references to this "broken reverb on many maps" and BF2's/X-Fi/MB3 "bugged EAX". In fact there is a fix for this that no one else seems to have found.

1. The level should have this file (for example) "D:\SteamLibrary_Win10\steamapps\common\Battlefiel d 2\mods\aix2ex_mm\Levels\Dalian_plant\server.zip\So unds.con". If it does not, add it to the level "server.zip".

THIS FILE IS CONFIRMED *MISSING* IN MAPS THAT HAVE DISTORTED EAX.

The file contains ...

Code:
rem ------------------------------- Global Reverb ------------------------------
sound.setReverb "common/sound/levelambients/Openlandscape.eax"
2. Make sure the all important "Openlandscape.eax" is in "D:\SteamLibrary_Win10\steamapps\common\Battlefiel d 2\mods\bf2\Common_client.zip\Sound\LevelAmbients"

That directory also contains "City.eax" which is used in some maps that need a different EAX effect.

I have confirmed multiple times now that this fixes any EAX/reverb sound corruption. For example this manifests itself, without the above fix, as being able to hear the "clink, clink" flag sound anywhere on the map (in vanilla BF2 as PR does not have that sound). Or in PR and other mods just being able to hear everything where ever you are including huge reverb distortion. The above fixes this on X-Fi hardware or X-Fi MB3 virtual sound card.
That explains the issue. Good find! Thanks for the bug report! I've added the issue to the tracker.

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-29, 10:34   #35
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Update: Fixed for Iron Thunder, Operation Falcon, Outpost, The Falklands and a couple of other maps for v1.6

Last edited by Arab; 2019-06-29 at 11:31..
Old 2019-07-25, 13:34   #36
Valmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
Update: Fixed for Iron Thunder, Operation Falcon, Outpost, The Falklands and a couple of other maps for v1.6
Nice fixes Arab!

And special thanks to Michael Z Freeman who made them possible!
Valmont is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, creative, renderer, xfi