project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
19 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-17, 05:39   #21
mayr

Default Re: Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.15 BETA Released!

Had some amazing rounds today. Some not so good, mainly because like 75% of the players were new to the mod. Asked around, some came from BF2:PR, some from A2 community. Anyway, as frustrating it was to play portside with these new players (we basically lost the match still on the LHD, helos were dropping like flies), it was quite thrilling to see so many new players. Hope that they got a good first impression and some of them will stick around for longer than a few days.

Anyway, there's probably going to be more beginners around than usual, so You veterans please bare with them and show them the ropes.

How many people did we have playing simultaneously by the way? When I checked PRSPY at some point, it was at 156.

PS! If there's new players reading this who got the mod yesterday, I'd really like to know your first thoughts and impressions.
Last edited by mayr; 2012-03-17 at 06:02..
Old 2012-03-17, 05:55   #22
derek2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedge View Post
And a third insisted on piloting despite someone else being chosen to pilot the squad and then they quit the game out of frustration at not getting to pilot. Piloting is a genuine skill and greatly valued by the community. If it is done badly it can mean the death of many men, the loss of an asset, ticket hits, and a failed attempt to defend, capture or create FO's.
Just wanted to say that was me, and I genuinely understand why... sorry I took off on the sqad, it just rubbed me the wrong way. And I wanted to just point out that I am a skilled pilot and have been flying on arma 2 since its release and play in very demanding situations as well as in milism units. I hope, like you said, I can be tested out eventually and be a trusted pilot among the others in the server. In regards to the thread... Excellent release, love the update... PR guys rock
Old 2012-03-17, 07:07   #23
Swedge
Forward Outposts 'R' Us
Supporting Member

Smile Re: Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.15 BETA Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek2569 View Post
Just wanted to say that was me, and I genuinely understand why... sorry I took off on the sqad, it just rubbed me the wrong way. And I wanted to just point out that I am a skilled pilot and have been flying on arma 2 since its release and play in very demanding situations as well as in milism units. I hope, like you said, I can be tested out eventually and be a trusted pilot among the others in the server. In regards to the thread... Excellent release, love the update... PR guys rock
No problems at all Derek. I look forward to playing with you mate.

Cheers,
Swedge

Old 2012-03-17, 07:39   #24
Back2Karkand
Banned

I had fun, but Swedge TK'd me in the middle of the game as a marksman ruining my entire experience.
Old 2012-03-17, 07:42   #25
atom9[CH]

thx and nice
Old 2012-03-17, 09:26   #26
Superv1sor

I reckon it would be a good idea to go easy on players that are new to the mod/game. Just for the first few weeks. As in easy I'm thinking helping and guiding (towards the manual etc.) just so community can benefit from this attention and grow. : )

EDIT: Oh and ill promise to be seeding most of the weekend.
Old 2012-03-17, 09:39   #27
Swedge
Forward Outposts 'R' Us
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superv1sor View Post
I reckon it would be a good idea to go easy on players that are new to the mod/game. Just for the first few weeks. As in easy I'm thinking helping and guiding (towards the manual etc.) just so community can benefit from this attention and grow. : )
+1. Absolutely mate.

Cheers,
Swedge

Old 2012-03-17, 10:37   #28
PaintScratcher

We had some really awesome rounds last night! I can't wait for the servers to get populated again today, its going to be great!

Also nice to see several servers getting populated, good to see the population rising gradually!

Old 2012-03-17, 15:09   #29
Tartantyco

Man, I'm failing so hard right now as I can barely remember any of the key binds and have forgotten everything in the manual...

Make Norway OPFOR! NAO!

It's your hamster Richard. It's your hamster in the box and it's not breathing.
Old 2012-03-18, 01:52   #30
foxhound72

congrats, looking sharp as always

Closed Thread

Tags
arma, beta, project, reality, released, v015