project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
29 Nov 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2022-09-17, 16:16   #1
big guy (cheerio)

Default Green RKG-3

RKG-3 (but green)

all the videos of RKG-3s being used in combat are green

so I made it green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eFrVxH31dg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...hgr_rkg3_c.dds

this is simple skin that I think would improve the game
big guy (cheerio) is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 04:59   #2
Grump/Gump.45

Default Re: Green RKG-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by big guy (cheerio) View Post
RKG-3 (but green)

all the videos of RKG-3s being used in combat are green

so I made it green

this is simple skin that I think would improve the game
I agree, would be nice if we could see the parachute too.

A grenade fun fact, American WW2 MK.2 Pineapple Grenades. They were painted yellow at first and used in combat that way, looked weird IMO and reinforced the pineapple grenade nickname. It made it very easy for the enemy to spot in the air to avoid or throw it back. The yellow ring at the top of the grenade shell was left over from its original color where factory equipment gripped the grenade for painting.

That would be cool looking, having yellow body MK.2 grenades.

1 Man per piece of cover, Move cover to cover. In view of each other to save each other by shooting, distraction, division of enemy attention and ammo. 1 man hit per RPG/tank shell/mortar spread formation full time. Edge of cap zone. Use camouflage, police up each others exposure, no man seen sticking out. Scan aggressively with eyes and ears for anything suspect, even for birds disturbed to fly out of trees
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-09-26 at 05:46..
Old 2022-09-26, 14:30   #3
[R-CON]​ALADE3N
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
I agree, would be nice if we could see the parachute too.

A grenade fun fact, American WW2 MK.2 Pineapple Grenades. They were painted yellow at first and used in combat that way, looked weird IMO and reinforced the pineapple grenade nickname. It made it very easy for the enemy to spot in the air to avoid or throw it back. The yellow ring at the top of the grenade shell was left over from its original color where factory equipment gripped the grenade for painting.

That would be cool looking, having yellow body MK.2 grenades.
this is about rkg, why are you drifting about mk2 pine apple grenade?

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-01, 07:26   #4
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALADE3N View Post
this is about rkg, why are you drifting about mk2 pine apple grenade?
"why are you drifting about mk2 pine apple grenade? reeeeee"
Reason 1: Primary Topic: Painting RKG-3 grenades color change based off his research. Secondary topic: painting grenades different colors. Why does this need another thread to be said in?

Reason 2: Its like leaving a note under his project post and implies another grenade color project available for him to take up where he can see it.

Reason 3: Its a fun fact related to painting grenades, which is the topic of what he is doing which made me think of the pineapple grenades original color.

Reason 4: He appears to do projects like this sometimes in his free time to make potential changes to the game, I would like to see how it looks potentially if he took up my implication. Where else should I communicate this to him where he can permanently read it under his project post specifically on the subject of painting grenades?

Ain't that just amazingly efficient? Instead of saying it somewhere else in another thread or making its own little fun fact thread. Why not give the grenade color fact under a grenade color change post directly to the man actively making changes? Wasn't the fact fun at least?

This is Cheerio's project space for sharing his work, getting feedback and future updates. So I should really ignore your off-topic irrelevant question with no response. Also I can courteously edit this post later (or now then copy/paste to direct message you), as I feel a post this length on his project from something said so simple is rude because it initiated off topic.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-10-01 at 07:32..

Tags
rkg-3, rkg3