project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
01 Dec 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2022-03-11, 03:57   #11
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Vehicle] T-55A Main Battle Tank

What refs are you using for the cupolas?

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-12, 00:12   #12
PotatoLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
What refs are you using for the cupolas?
Just been using top view of blueprints, I haven't finished it yet which is why it looks pretty out of place right now
PotatoLord is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-14, 11:10   #13
KianaKaslana

How did those rebels get this antique?
KianaKaslana is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-14, 11:14   #14
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KianaKaslana View Post
While the T55 is very old, its far from antique. In fact it is in use even by modern armies to this day.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-14, 20:24   #15
PotatoLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KianaKaslana View Post
jacked it from the Syrian Army, they keep a lot of their old around because they're not exactly swimming in money. They even kept around stockpiles of StG-44s which were subsequently captured by the Rebels
Old 2022-06-19, 00:15   #16
PotatoLord

Casual update

Starting on the baking
Old 2022-06-25, 10:07   #17
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Could you post the UV map? I think you should be able to squeeze more res out of the wheels.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-13, 05:17   #18
PotatoLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim270 View Post
Could you post the UV map? I think you should be able to squeeze more res out of the wheels.
I'm gonna be completely honest, this UV map is a mess and I don't know if I'm gonna be able to completely fix it. When I started this project I was at a completely different skill level and it's just taken me so long, it's kind of frustrating to have to deal with old mistakes.

Those gaping holes are from parts I unwrapped and later deleted, not the smartest thing in the world I know

As for the wheels, I think that's the least of my concern because I just copied them from the T-62 normal currently
Old 2022-07-13, 09:48   #19
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

At this stage, its honestly best to repack the uvs and rebake before going further ahead or it will be very noticeable once you try to texture it.

A few things to keep in mind with the UV map. Underside of stuff like the turret face could be deleted, or at least stuff like the underside of the tank, make the uv shell smaller on parts that will very rarely be seen. (give you more space for stuff that is always seen)

Try to keep things square, diagonal uv shells do not resolve as efficiently and take up more space.

I know its annoying to rework stuff, but honestly a new uv map will help a lot. Especially if you use something pack uvpackmaster plugin for blender, this will save you a LOT of time over manually packing. (us the packmaster then manually tweak a few areas if you need to)

I would say go for completely new work - dont take anything off the existing T62 as its not great.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-15, 01:00   #20
PotatoLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim270 View Post
At this stage, its honestly best to repack the uvs and rebake before going further ahead or it will be very noticeable once you try to texture it.

A few things to keep in mind with the UV map. Underside of stuff like the turret face could be deleted, or at least stuff like the underside of the tank, make the uv shell smaller on parts that will very rarely be seen. (give you more space for stuff that is always seen)

Try to keep things square, diagonal uv shells do not resolve as efficiently and take up more space.

I know its annoying to rework stuff, but honestly a new uv map will help a lot. Especially if you use something pack uvpackmaster plugin for blender, this will save you a LOT of time over manually packing. (us the packmaster then manually tweak a few areas if you need to)

I would say go for completely new work - dont take anything off the existing T62 as its not great.
yeah okay, might as well