project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Oct 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-10-22, 17:42   #1
sunshine2241991

Exclamation Grow Bigger

I was think to my self .
this mod is very old and by the numbers of Players and onlines numbers ... well slowly ...
getting smaller ...
How can we players or as a Community to Promote and help to other good people to find this MOD / GAME .

I mean in my small circle of friends and work buddys i promoted this game as a Army simulator ...

its there any other ways ?

-----------Ghost-------------

My sh1t Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJy..._a12QV_qaarCcQ
My Sh1tty Mixtapes : https://soundcloud.com/ghostidd
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 11:00   #2
Filamu
Supporting Member

Default Re: Grow Bigger

Its not a "army simulator" or a "serious role playing game". Its a just a more realistic arcade game with tons of work put into making the teamwork central. Thats whats getting people back, the expectation that you can easily just show up on a server and expect some good teamwork that no other game has. Thats what should be promoted.
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 01:53   #3
JohnnyPissoff

Yep Filamu's spot on. If I want fast paced action, and to rest my headset/mic, I play BF4. PR is about socializing and camaraderie (something you absolutely can't get in any other game). That's how I've always promoted it. At least since version .7 or so.

JohnnyPissoff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 05:28   #4
obpmgmua

@sunshine

I understand your frustration. This game is great but the community is shrinking. I barely play it myself as is, because of fatigue. But people still keep coming and playing this mod after watching a few youtube videos. Most stay around for a few days until quitting because it's too hard. A majority of people whom I've talked with and who no longer play, all tell me the same thing. The game is great but it's infuriatingly slow too.

I keep telling the r-devs that they have a jewel here and they should make their own game for years now. But they keep telling me to buy squad. And we've seen how that's panned out haven't we?

If you want Spawnable RPGs and SVDs for Insurgent team

Sign Here ______________________
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 11:54   #5
>para<

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
@sunshine

I understand your frustration. This game is great but the community is shrinking. I barely play it myself as is, because of fatigue. But people still keep coming and playing this mod after watching a few youtube videos. Most stay around for a few days until quitting because it's too hard. A majority of people whom I've talked with and who no longer play, all tell me the same thing. The game is great but it's infuriatingly slow too.

I keep telling the r-devs that they have a jewel here and they should make their own game for years now. But they keep telling me to buy squad. And we've seen how that's panned out haven't we?
thats why we like PR, because is hard, plenty games on internet where you just grab a weapon and shoot, that game make you think before act.

>para< is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 19:55   #6
JohnnyPissoff

I'm happy to report that I'm bringing in a totally rank (new) gamer to PR! He's one of my home boys. Also a total PC "machine head". Bought his first PC in the early 90's. (Windows 3.0 ha!) Dude's been avoiding gaming all these years because he thinks he lacks the multiplayer skill set. For what man? Quake?...haha.

Since I bought myself a new nifty gaming machine and had him over to check out my new "baby" I threw a bunch of PR in game videos at him as well as a thorough explanation of the support aspects of modern FPS war gaming. What actually swayed him was that he was impressed by the enthusiasm for helping new guys in game that heralds the PR community. Way to go guys!

Not to worry he understands "wasd" movement. A few years ago I turned him on to my copy of "Far Cry" to try and convert him. So he can indeed move.

We're gonna load PR together and hop in game. Maybe run a few co-op maps first. To be honest even though I've been playing PR since the PR.3 mini-mod, I haven't played PR in a couple of years so I'm also a quasi-noob to PR these days.

JohnnyPissoff is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bigger, extend, grow, number, players