project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
20 Aug 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 06:40 PM   #21
Piipu

Default Re: Why is CAS getting nerfed?

Old AA was utterly useless, they deserved to get nerfed. Sounds like you people are just upset that your aircraft are no longer invulnerable. All these "realism" arguments sound far-fetched too, maybe you should try flying choppers in a real simulator before you start making absurd claims like 50-cal machine guns having splash damage in real life.

MY STRONG PC SPECTS
Old 07-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #22
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piipu View Post
Old AA was utterly useless, they deserved to get nerfed. Sounds like you people are just upset that your aircraft are no longer invulnerable. All these "realism" arguments sound far-fetched too, maybe you should try flying choppers in a real simulator before you start making absurd claims like 50-cal machine guns having splash damage in real life.

You could have just not posted
Old 07-12-2017, 07:04 PM   #23
Piipu

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post

You could have just not posted
Great response to my arguments my man. I guess you liked the <5% hit rate AA but it wasn't terribly fun for anyone else.

MY STRONG PC SPECTS
Old 07-12-2017, 07:57 PM   #24
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Great response to my arguments my man. I guess you liked the <5% hit rate AA but it wasn't terribly fun for anyone else.
Quote:
Ok.

Actual pilots saying helis are too sluggish in pr:
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f254...nsiveness.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Alt View Post
An OH-58D pilot once came in and asked for the helicopters to revert to a more vBF2 like state.
Thread about heli mounted guns:
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f254...nted-guns.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisweb89 View Post
Who were the people that complained about this before? It was at the perfect level of usability, but not OPness, but now its swung back the other way. The splash made up for fail hit detection and all that shit, if you added it to all 50 cals(ground too), I think that could even be a good idea too.
Quote:
Yes, please do that after we can shoot people through walls in the game like one would be able to do in reality

AA guys etc can use buildings to cover themselves perfectly and shoot out of a window, but you can't kill him when he goes 1m back to the side of the window. Makes sense.
Quote:
I guess I'll clarify anyway then, having no splash and the gun having nearly no deviation, it makes it too hard to hit and kill targets. Low deviation means you need to get the rounds to land exactly on the guy, while IRL you would have some deviation to take care of it and require less fine adjusting. And as mentioned before, you wouldn't have to worry about ping, hitreg, barely visible tracers or tiny walls that block .50cal rounds completely. But again, splash is a much better way to take care of this in game.
No one said aircraft should be invulnerable. Currently they die without managing to do close air support, like they should be able to. Anti-Air kills jets too easily, to the point where they are unusable. Players that play CAS want anti-air to be more logical so you have less chance of dying when flaring and other simple, logical fixes.

You come in shitposting without reading anything about the subject, assuming things and not taking other issues into consideration.

And, you had no arguments to respond to, it was only "lmao you suck umad u die cas haha"
Old 07-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #25
Jabil_One
Banned

Quote:
Old AA was utterly useless, they deserved to get nerfed. Sounds like you people are just upset that your aircraft are no longer invulnerable.
I dont understand all this hate for pr pilots and their assets.
I, personaly had no big problems to shoot down a cas heli or jet with a manpad.
The succeed of a manpad depends on his position and the targets movement, what angle the target across the map, speed, popping flares.

Basic tactic for manpad. Stay close to the assets you want to protect from enemy CAS.
CAS can only kill when it comes to you. Golden Rule - a cas jet that coming to you is scarpmetal, doesn't matter how much flares it poops. His dumpy heat_object is always the closest one.

I forgot to mention, i am not a CAS whore. I play infantry and rarely tank or apc.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:23 AM   #26
assetruler69
PR Server License Administrator

Every time I see asset whores posting about how hard it is to be an asset whore I feel cosy warmth coming from the inside even in a rainy day like it is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabil_One View Post
I dont understand all this hate for pr pilots and their assets.
I, personaly had no big problems to shoot down a cas heli or jet with a manpad.
The succeed of a manpad depends on his position and the targets movement, what angle the target across the map, speed, popping flares.
At some point of the mod development(I don't remember at which one) jets became almost impossible to hit with AA rocket from the ground. This why they were nerfed, ye olde asset whoring viirus is crying about those times and he's very upset about the fact that he has to learn how to fly again with new physics for jets.

And also... It feels like viirus is becoming old and kinda nostalgic and believes that grass was much more greener.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabil_One View Post
I forgot to mention, i am not a CAS whore. I play infantry and rarely tank or apc.
I am proud asset whore myself.
Last edited by assetruler69; 07-13-2017 at 03:18 AM..
Old 07-13-2017, 04:14 AM   #27
Piipu

Quote:
"lmao you suck umad u die cas haha"
Wow cool it down. There's no need to resort to insults, unless you have no other arguments left to use?

As for manpad hit rates, around a year ago all IR seeker missiles were basically useless. We did some testing on a test server with one chopper vs one avenger. If the chopper just popped flares as soon as he heard the lock warning, hit rates with AA missiles were under 5%. I was able to fly leisurely circles around the avenger and if I tried to kill it, I got it every time even though I have very little practice in PR choppers.

In addition to that, manpads had some tiny (600m?) lock range that basically meant that you shouldn't even try to use AA, since you'll just be killed by a hovering CAS from 1km.

So the only time you have an easy time shooting down a chopper is when he doesn't have time/brains to pop flares. I'm glad they fixed that issue. I don't see how anyone other than CAS kill farmers could be upset by these changes.

MY STRONG PC SPECTS
Old 07-13-2017, 04:36 AM   #28
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by assetruler69 View Post
Every time I see asset whores posting about how hard it is to be an asset whore I feel cosy warmth coming from the inside even in a rainy day like it is today.

At some point of the mod development(I don't remember at which one) jets became almost impossible to hit with AA rocket from the ground. This why they were nerfed, ye olde asset whoring viirus is crying about those times and he's very upset about the fact that he has to learn how to fly again with new physics for jets.

And also... It feels like viirus is becoming old and kinda nostalgic and believes that grass was much more greener.

I am proud asset whore myself.
Infantry scrubs are more funny, more and more infantry have the meanings to destroy armor from ether fobs and free hats around, more and more devs keep giving they opportunity and nerfing armor but they suck so much that does not even matter, it still easy to get infantry kills because on how much they ignore the fact that there is a armor looking at their direction and instead of avoid they peak for some reason, and LAT and even HAT players think they can go face to face on armor and dont even do a simple task of going around or try to get a high/low ground.

Pro HAT player with some ammo box around can wipe the enemy armor with no isue and some smart LAT player can easy outplay a APC, is not like it is rocket science, i do it my self because being a armor player i know what im fighting against but those scrubs just cant get the hang of it and ask for more, before 1.0 destroying a armor was a achieve for you team but now it feels cheap.

For AA gunners they can still keep the sky clear by avoiding any air asset to pass by, if they do just punish they, but again, infantry scrubs cant sit on a AA looking at the sky for too long, it gets boring and its better just look at the horizon admiring the graphics.

Sorry i cant into English...
Old 07-13-2017, 04:49 AM   #29
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Wow cool it down. There's no need to resort to insults, unless you have no other arguments left to use?

As for manpad hit rates, around a year ago all IR seeker missiles were basically useless. We did some testing on a test server with one chopper vs one avenger. If the chopper just popped flares as soon as he heard the lock warning, hit rates with AA missiles were under 5%. I was able to fly leisurely circles around the avenger and if I tried to kill it, I got it every time even though I have very little practice in PR choppers.

In addition to that, manpads had some tiny (600m?) lock range that basically meant that you shouldn't even try to use AA, since you'll just be killed by a hovering CAS from 1km.

So the only time you have an easy time shooting down a chopper is when he doesn't have time/brains to pop flares. I'm glad they fixed that issue. I don't see how anyone other than CAS kill farmers could be upset by these changes.
Did you included in your test that in real map scenarios the view distance some times is not even that high? that CAS will not fuck around and hover in random places to get HATed? if they are flying in straight directions or dive to try to dodge the AA the missile after miss the flare will turn to the direction of the next target AKA to chopper that is dodging depending on the direction? did you tried to aim above the belly of the chopper to avoid the flare and still get the lock?
You have to take all that in consideration before shoot, i have a high hit rate back in the day with this basic knowledge.

Sorry i cant into English...
Old 07-13-2017, 05:33 AM   #30
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

Virus, do you remember your time in C11? Those terrible times when you got shot down from every angle and without you knowing.....

oh wait, no

Public service announcement so that everybody knows who's claming now that AA is way too good and 2 years ago it was much better:
Viirus' deaths in PRT C11 using CAS jets(unless I'm mistaken he only participated in the last two matches; Black Gold and Khamisiyah):
Deaths due to Ground AA of any kind: 0
Deaths due to opposing CAS: 1
Deaths due to CTD: 3(one on Black Gold, the other two on Khami? iirc)

I don't quite remember the number, but I do believe that combined with the other jet flown by DonDoom and DesertFox you killed something in the realm of 20-25 assets, numerous FOBs and a lone sniper(hi Soban <3).

So what are you going to claim now? AA being too good back then? When you asked me to laze virtually everything on the ground? Is that realistic? That you go attack the one thing that's specifically designed to kill you? I mean, surely, in reality you might have to go against your counter measure to ensure the survival of your comrades/archieve the mission, but the core difference is that in reality there's a good chance of you failing and dying, you were talking as if there wasn't a risk and that's exactly reflected in your death statistics and why CAS was nowhere to be seen in C12 last year except for one map.

]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Closed Thread

Tags
cas, nerfed, systematically