project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2019-01-31, 01:00   #21
Nighthawk17
Default Re: What happened to the playerbase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange View Post
Hey all,

I recently came back to the mod after a few years, built a new gaming rig and was really excited to get back into PR. I'm happy to be in it again and some cool new content, however I have noticed the playerbase seems to have dropped down? It seems that there is generally only one close to full server most nights (HOG) and very few to no one in other servers. So based off that a little below 100 to 150 on at once. Even tonight on a Friday night sadly about the same except one other server had like less than 50.

This is a sad deal, because while we all know PR was never massively popular it had a decent playerbase for what it was. Used to be like average of 300-400 on at a given time.

Maybe I'm missing something here but I sure hope that its not that scarce nowdays. Especially that this mod has come so far and looks to still have active development that even the best is yet to come.

Any thoughts or anyone maybe fill me in some more on whats going on? Thanks much
If you remember the player numbers before, during and after 1.0 release it sheds light on this.

Before 1.0, there weren't crazy numbers of people but still more than now. Most players were achieved during 0.9-0.98 patches. After 1.0 release there was a big influx of players, which soon left and numbers very quickly went back to old number or less.

Why? Because 1.0 was a big disappointtment and a massive mistake from developers. They changed many things for the worse and very drastically so, ruining several aspects of the gameplay previously liked during 0.98.

Every big patch since, people came back to see if it normalized, but it went down the same road and now we are left with many underpowered or simply broken things and low playerbase because no old player liked the mod anymore. All we have left is a few old players and the rest arabs, russians and asians, which never contributed much to decent teamwork on this mod due to their language issues or simply preference to stick to their own circles.
Nighthawk17 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-31, 08:36   #22
PatrickLA_CA

People didn't leave because they didn't like 1.0 Most of the ones that left expected 1.0 to be something absolutely new. There are always people that come back after an update and stick around for a week then leave. It's normal.
You can't expect many people to look at PR and immediately see it for its gameplay while there are games out there that offer them a "super-realistic experience", at least when it comes to the graphics. It takes some time to see PR for what it really is and if those people do not have someone to show them around and keep them interested in their first few weeks, they'll probably leave.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-04, 15:26   #23
Filamu
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk17 View Post
because no old player liked the mod anymore.
News to me. I should tell all my old PR friends.
Good that you came to tell us
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-04, 22:40   #24
Wicca
Supporting Member

I'm still here, after all these years... Might be why people left :P

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-05, 06:30   #25
XSHADOWGX
Supporting Member

I'll say it! since you cowards won't have guts to say it!.

WE NEED BLUEDRAKE TO START PROMOTING PR AGAIN.

I know FreeCandyVan was toxic, but it was a necessary evil for the greater good that is PR.

You're welcome! xox
XSHADOWGX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-05, 07:43   #26
transpilot123

I dont think that we need Bluecake or FCV...

This is a vid about PR in one of the biggest game magazines in Germany: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdAefZjilpk

We need more of that from other countries too + 1.6 release
transpilot123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-05, 14:09   #27
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by transpilot123 View Post
I dont think that we need Bluecake or FCV...

This is a vid about PR in one of the biggest game magazines in Germany: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdAefZjilpk
A video using Bluedrake videos.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-05, 20:23   #28
transpilot123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
A video using Bluedrake videos.
But that video has way more views of maybe new players than Bluecakes fanboy clips.

You could PM a Slovak games magazine to use your vids?
transpilot123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-05, 21:15   #29
AusbilderSchmidt
Send a message via ICQ to AusbilderSchmidt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
I'm still here, after all these years... Might be why people left :P
Me too... Best Game ever since BF2
AusbilderSchmidt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-06, 08:31   #30
Wicca
Supporting Member

If we are to make a marketing push, someone has to be incharge of it. They need to develop a strategy, and split that strategy up into measurable objectives and achievable goals.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
happened, playerbase