project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
26 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2008-01-11, 00:45   #21
A-10Warthog
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to A-10Warthog Send a message via MSN to A-10Warthog

if your goin to a "pro" place for the first time and never played, see if they rent guns, for all you know you might not get into it and end up wastin money on a gun. then if you do decide how much you wana spend (even though money shouldent be a conflict with airsoft, you can never spend too much ) then buy your furst gun accordingly. oh and STAY AWAY FROM EBAY!

A-10, EX PR Tester, Moderator, Public Relations.
from [R-DEV]CodeRedFox: "Fixing bugs creates more bugs"
A-10Warthog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 00:52   #22
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

Yeah, Ebay pretty much sells the low priced electrics. If you do decide to buy online, look for a review on whatever your buying.
Dylan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 00:55   #23
Oink-Blabber

Whoa, theres actual airsoft arenas? that's crazy! We just go play in the woods (or the streets if we feel like urban combat, although everyone gets angry) ambushing teachers was pretty fun, until one of them returned fire with silly string in the middle of a test.

I used a Crossman R-38 for about a year until it broke (which airsofts are legendary for...), wish I took a picture, but I still have the link from where I bought it.
Crosman Sniper R38 Rifle. Airsoft guns - PyramydAir.com
I removed the orange tip which made room for a nice home made rifled barrel extension that looked like a silencer, of course, although the rifling wasn't matched with the guns (if it even was rifled) I also mounted a 3-9 x32 scope and took apart the gun and the magazines, gave the magazines a spring, put a 1 pound weight in, and to accomadate the spring, I removed the bolt and rigged it to the most powerful co2 catridge I could hook up, (the cartrige was for competition pellet guns), I had it hooked up in little converter type thingy I made with PVC Pipe and parts of an old co2 bb gun, and put it in a little carved out hole and into where the bolt had drawn in air. I don't know exactly how much power this gave the gun, but I was able to knock a can down from across the highschool football field. goal post to goal post. I'll admit it took 6 shots, but that's 100 yards! The pellets I used where these heavy biodegradable things, I think they were as heavy as 38g, anyways it was pretty cool and I totally dominated any woodland competition, thanks to my ghillie suit making skills. I did okay in urban areas if I could find a ladder.
Oink-Blabber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 01:12   #24
Ecko
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oink-Blabber View Post
Whoa, theres actual airsoft arenas? that's crazy! We just go play in the woods (or the streets if we feel like urban combat, although everyone gets angry) ambushing teachers was pretty fun, until one of them returned fire with silly string in the middle of a test.

I used a Crossman R-38 for about a year until it broke (which airsofts are legendary for...), wish I took a picture, but I still have the link from where I bought it.
Crosman Sniper R38 Rifle. Airsoft guns - PyramydAir.com
I removed the orange tip which made room for a nice home made rifled barrel extension that looked like a silencer, of course, although the rifling wasn't matched with the guns (if it even was rifled) I also mounted a 3-9 x32 scope and took apart the gun and the magazines, gave the magazines a spring, put a 1 pound weight in, and to accomadate the spring, I removed the bolt and rigged it to the most powerful co2 catridge I could hook up, (the cartrige was for competition pellet guns), I had it hooked up in little converter type thingy I made with PVC Pipe and parts of an old co2 bb gun, and put it in a little carved out hole and into where the bolt had drawn in air. I don't know exactly how much power this gave the gun, but I was able to knock a can down from across the highschool football field. goal post to goal post. I'll admit it took 6 shots, but that's 100 yards! The pellets I used where these heavy biodegradable things, I think they were as heavy as 38g, anyways it was pretty cool and I totally dominated any woodland competition, thanks to my ghillie suit making skills. I did okay in urban areas if I could find a ladder.
I'm 100 percent against people using airsoft weapons in a street/against anyone not equiped. Airsoft weapons are dangerous, and it's because of people like you that has made the sport that much harder to play in the UK.

AKA Ecko1987
Beep-Beep-Beep.
Ecko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 01:29   #25
Oink-Blabber

we don't fire it at people in the streets, some old lady who owns a store yells at us because we make a racket. The teacher had it coming, he got us with "Mighty-Beanz" in class, it was a good laugh. Shooting people with toy guns is what gets people shot with real guns. Airsoft weapons are dangerous I guess, although I did think the eye patch I had for a while looked cool. You should be angry at me because it's people like me that make guns illegal at all in the UK.
Old 2008-01-11, 01:57   #26
Ecko
Supporting Member

Well by the sounds of it you were using some corner shop guns, if a professional Airsoft weapon had hit you in the eye (250 fps + ) it would have caused some serious damage.

AKA Ecko1987
Beep-Beep-Beep.
Old 2008-01-11, 02:03   #27
Oink-Blabber

Depends which time, the first time, it was a cheap electric model that hit me in the corner above the tear duct, the time I needed the eyepatch was another co2 converted gun that bounced off a tree and into my eye while i was running, it skimmed accross my iris, and knocked my glasses off. It sorta hurt.
Old 2008-01-11, 02:07   #28
Dylan

Send a message via MSN to Dylan

Remember kids, Safety First!
Dylan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 03:02   #29
A-10Warthog
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to A-10Warthog Send a message via MSN to A-10Warthog

^ really. i NEVER play without paint ball approved goggles with full face mask.

A-10, EX PR Tester, Moderator, Public Relations.
from [R-DEV]CodeRedFox: "Fixing bugs creates more bugs"
A-10Warthog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 03:25   #30
Ecko
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]A-10Warthog View Post
^ really. i NEVER play without paint ball approved goggles with full face mask.
Same, except I just use shooting glasses. Full face masks are just annoying when trying to aim and pain I can deal with. (Although a BB hitting you in the mouth hurts like a bitch!)

AKA Ecko1987
Beep-Beep-Beep.

Tags
advice, aeg, airsoft, cam, durabilty, helmet, info, milsim, photos, power, poxo is ghey, price, question, thread