project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:ARMA3 Support > PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive
25 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive Archived posts from PR:ARMA2 Support Forum

Old 02-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Tzuridis
Default [Solved] Arma2 beta problems - doesnt work anymore

A few days ago pr arma2 beta was working fine until today:

I downloaded the latest beta arma2 patch and even switched back to 89223 instead because some one said there was a problem with the latest one. I replaced my pr.exe and have the beta exe and no matter what I do, -beta, -mod=@beta making the beta a mod folder, replacing my original arma2oa.exe with the ones in the expansion beta folder, nothing works my pr.exes will not load the beta patch. I know I havnt messed it up so much that it hasnt worked because I have made 4 backups of my arma 2 folder trying to get it to work. When I launch from the Operation arrowhead launch beta thing the game is in fact in beta but nothing I add to the end of the pr shortcuts makes the game launch from beta even after I replaced the original arma2oa exes with the beta ones (wtf?). My normal oa is now the beta patch, I also have a backup that is 1.60.It doesnt work with neither.

Basically I did everything I could think of, my games version when I launch from pr.exe or pr_betatg.exe is always 1.60. While I think I need 1.60.8750 to play on the TG beta server.

I am guessing I am getting kicked because I have 1.60 while the current version for the server is 1.60.8750 or something like that. Or am I banned? I am 99.9% sure its not that though.
Last edited by Tzuridis; 02-25-2012 at 06:28 PM..
Old 02-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
MaSSive
Default re: [Solved] Arma2 beta problems - doesnt work anymore

Sounds like to me you made a quite a mess.

Best thing would be to remove PR and reinstall again.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f440...a-testing.html

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
Old 02-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Tzuridis

I have an original version with the original beta that was working about 3 days ago.
The rest are just tests, I really dont think an reinstall is necessary because no one touched this computer for those 3 days. I made no changes other then trying to get it to work from 1.60 to 1.60.8750 which was all today.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
MaSSive

I suggested to reinstall PR not the complete game. If you cant use beta patches can you run it without it and join TG server? Beta patches are not required in order to join TG servers.

1.6 is 1.6.87580 afaik. Open OA and look bottom left

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
Old 02-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
Tzuridis

Actually I just figured out my game was in fact updated even though it does not say it is on the multiplayer screen.
I think I am actually banned and I have no idea why. I already posted it on the TG website.

Thank you
Old 02-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
MaSSive

Ok , then locking...if you have any more problems regarding this PM me and Ill unlock it.

CATA4TW!
― Otto von Bismarck

Tags
anymore, arma2, beta, problems, solved, work