project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Feb 2023, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-04-03, 08:40   #1
WingWalker
Default Best Main Battle Rifle?

I was just curious, what is everyone's opinion on the BEST main... battle... rifle in PR, and why?

This is essentially the rifle for the "rifleman" in any given PR faction, if you dispute that please say so.

I will reserve my opinion for later.

Go.

W.W.
v0.4
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-03, 11:57   #2
Iguanadjy

Default Re: Best Main Battle Rifle?

C7A2 from Canada’s riflemen best scope little deviation really good 900 rpm

G36A1 would probably take the second place because of the integrated sights really good for switching from far to CQB

Supporting this game since 0.6 Never gonna give up!
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-03, 13:04   #3
dio_brando4

If we're talking Rifles in general/Assault Rifles, i like the M16A4 with the ACOG.
If we're talking about the actual meaning of Battle Rifle(full rifle caliber, select fire), then it'd be the G3, as there ain't many Battle Rifles in game, outside of it, and the FAL. But that's just semantics.
dio_brando4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-12, 23:06   #4
PotatoLord

Definitely some of the full auto AR platform rifles, 900 rpm plus no recoil
PotatoLord is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 02:46   #5
BlackGus

HK 417 with Holographic sight

Last edited by Suchar; 2021-04-13 at 09:39..
Old 2021-04-13, 14:16   #6
transpilot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGus View Post
HK 417 with Holographic sight

lol. very usefull
transpilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 13:29   #7
_Gabo
PR Server License Administrator

C7A2 is for me the best of the game, a high rate of fire with good aim and pleasant precision
_Gabo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-02, 13:16   #8
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by transpilot View Post
lol. very usefull
Hella fun when it works though
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-02, 13:42   #9
Brotherscompany

For me its the G3. Basically everyone has a marksman rifle, and if you are experienced enough the recoil is no longer a issue and you can go full auto with it provided you dump the entire mag for precautions.
If you have a good aim you leave very little room for you opponent to react, usually takes me 2-4 shots.

Besides that the M4/M16A4 are a extremely reliable rifle provided you have the experience as well, l cant place it into words but Id say the Burst mechanisms allows you to be accurate but at the same time I dont notice a detriment in RPM that can lead to complains
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-02, 18:00   #10
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
I was just curious, what is everyone's opinion on the BEST main... battle... rifle in PR, and why?

This is essentially the rifle for the "rifleman" in any given PR faction, if you dispute that please say so.

I will reserve my opinion for later.

Go.
AKM for me is best battle rifle, I will admit it seems to hit a bit off to the side from its point of aim in semi-auto but i always put enemy down with it. The trident sights help me lead targets where a ring sight messes me up cause the top part perceptually messing up where i put the target at while leading. 2nd best rifle for me is M16A4.

If you want to get nit-picky about what is a battle rifle, like some people consider only G3, M14, FAL, SCAR to be battle rifles due their size and assumed nature of appearance. If i had to pick there it would be M14 from Vietnam. I dont like those bigger rifles because the kick takes me a second longer to reset to my point of aim where intermediary calibers allow a faster more accurate second shot sooner. Favorite old time bolt action battle rifle is the Mosin Nagant.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote