project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
18 Nov 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2016-01-16, 14:36   #1
dalianplant[x64]
Banned
Default Anti-Air missiles problem

They redirect from your own flares to your helicopter/jet.
It happens all the time someone shoots into your flares while you are away from them.
You hear a lock sound for 1/4 of a second right when the missile is hitting you and there is no time to react with X.
Before they used to fly away and then straight up if they missed you, not come to you after the "miss".
dalianplant[x64] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 05:55   #2
[R-DEV]​Ratface
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Anti-Air missiles problem

You happen to have any videos/pics? Typically what should happen is that they should direct right to the flare and explode. If they explode too close then they can still do just as much damage as if they actually hit you. To my knowledge, at least.

At least this is what I've seen with my own experiences.

Ratface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 11:09   #3
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

This is a vBF2 bug, that we can not do anything about.

Once the missile is launched and armed in IR/Radar tracking mode, it does not know what team it belongs to, and will instead only seek out the closest heat/radar signature it can find, this could be an enemy aircraft, a flare, or even a friendly aircraft.

Best thing to do, do not fire if friendly aircraft are very near by.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 16:12   #4
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Rhino, is there any way to disable the redirect system on AA missil ?

So sei que nada sei.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 17:56   #5
dalianplant[x64]
Banned

The thing is, this very rarely happened (excluding friendly fire) before 1.3.5.0 version.I am talking about the missile redirecting from your own helicopter/jet flares and coming to you.
If it happens again I will get the battlerecorder and record it.I am sure about it because I saw it happen from the UAV to the cobra crew on saarema.
Helicopter was flying away on very low altitude and dropped 1 set of flares behind it, then a manpad fired from the top of the bunker into the flares and the missile redirected from the flares, going full-speed to the chopper.According to the pilot, he could only hear the lock less than a second before the missile impacted.(Same thing has happened to me aswell).
Last edited by dalianplant[x64]; 2016-01-30 at 18:02..
Old 2016-01-30, 20:08   #6
[F|H]Zackyx

Can you modify the flares to a "solid" object so when a missile hit a flare it explode instead of flying straight forward locking and killing aircrafts BVR.
Last edited by [F|H]Zackyx; 2016-01-30 at 20:13..
Old 2016-01-30, 20:19   #7
PatrickLA_CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by [F|H]Zackyx View Post
Can you modify the flares to a "solid" object so when a missile hit a flare it explode instead of flying straight forward locking and killing aircrafts BVR.
If it can it should be made to explode when it hits a flare or when it looses its target.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 20:33   #8
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalianplant[x64] View Post
The thing is, this very rarely happened (excluding friendly fire) before 1.3.5.0 version.I am talking about the missile redirecting from your own helicopter/jet flares and coming to you.
If it happens again I will get the battlerecorder and record it.I am sure about it because I saw it happen from the UAV to the cobra crew on saarema.
Helicopter was flying away on very low altitude and dropped 1 set of flares behind it, then a manpad fired from the top of the bunker into the flares and the missile redirected from the flares, going full-speed to the chopper.According to the pilot, he could only hear the lock less than a second before the missile impacted.(Same thing has happened to me aswell).
Yes, when the missel redirect, get a different speed (not realistic) and all the time the pilot dont get sound lock or get the soundlock 1 second before the hit. IMPOSSIBLE to survive when the missel redirect.

Look this video:
[YOUTUBEHD]7ITbLKBcvIc[/YOUTUBEHD]

and this:
[YOUTUBEHD]EJggE0qb-Gg[/YOUTUBEHD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [F|H]Zackyx View Post
This is was i thinking.

And why, the flare never work ? I mean, lot times i shot just one missile and the enemy jet pop 30 flare and the missile pass into the flare and hit the jet? BF2 if you pop flare, the missile dont hit you.

So sei que nada sei.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 17:02   #9
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

There is code to have missiles explode close to the target they locked on (aircraft or flare) but it does not seem to work currently. I will experiment a bit and see if we can get it working. If it works, it would only explode on flares if locked onto them.
Having a collision on the flare like Zacky suggest sadly wont work. Projectiles cannot collide with other projectiles.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-31, 18:44   #10
[F|H]Zackyx

Thank you
[F|H]Zackyx is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
antiair, missiles, problem