project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
14 Nov 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2018-08-24, 08:01   #1
waldov

Default Iraqi Insurgent kit system detrimental too teamwork

Just as the title says, the free kit system is an interesting concept but it really doesn't work in the context of a game which focus is on teamwork. In Insurgency layers Opfor factions generally suffer in the teamwork regard as it is, but the Iraqi Insurgent by far takes the cake for being the hardest faction too coordinate with; and not in a fun or challenging way but in an unnecessarily frustrating way.

Vital kits like AR's and LAT's often end up in the hands of lone wolves or aimless new players while squads actually trying too implement team work are all too often left too fend for themselves with underwhelming small arms which just becomes frustrating. Squads are literally built around vital weapons like light machine guns and rocket launchers and when you pull those out you really see the structure crumble.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-28, 23:44   #2
BigBigMonkeyMan

Default Re: Iraqi Insurgent kit system detrimental too teamwork

I absolutely agree with this. I like the system of kits spawning on caches for people to grab, but there should be a way for each squad to get the MG and RPG kits without having to fight for them at the cache or suffer the consequence of having to go to main to get them every time. This is especially frustrating when BLUFOR has a cache under siege.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-16, 22:35   #3
nani5

I agree. I no longer play insurgent team because it is chaotic and unstructured. It’s not fun any more
nani5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 10:23   #4
fenriz9000

In my opinion, kit system is not the root cause of lack of teamplaying for ins forces. Also to be a lone wolf for BLUFOR fraction is much more easier than be same for ins fraction. Also I should mention that all times since beginning devs continuously decreased "powers" (as they see it) of insurgents. Now we have absolutely unplayable insurgency mode. Thats a result of many complex colutions and previous decisions and kit system is the only top of it.
fenriz9000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 15:30   #5
Ragnarok1775

I enjoy ins quite a bit even if we lose as opfor. The biggest problem is the people who don't want to work together, especially lone wolves. That could be said for any game mode, there's always two or three 1-2 man squads that should consolidate. Insurgency makes it worse because those people can take the sniper rifle, machine gun or RPG and run off by themselves and waste it.

Maybe it's not possible, but it may be better to have the main "cache" work as a crate and the small caches as light crates, with different kit quantity limitations and squad size requirements. Dunno if it's possible to do that for individual factions though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ragnarok1775 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-05, 19:41   #6
[at]Vio-Lence

Nah I think it is the "INS have no tickets so i can die as much as i want xDDDDDDDDDDD" mentality that ruins the game mode.

In game name: GeoDaddy
[at]Vio-Lence is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-08, 19:30   #7
waldov

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenriz9000 View Post
Also to be a lone wolf for BLUFOR fraction is much more easier than be same for ins fraction.
That just totally untrue, not to say it doesn't happen but its far less of a problem and at the very least half the team is coordinated, the INS team is lucky to have more then one squad using mics and coordination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [at]Vio-Lence View Post
Nah I think it is the "INS have no tickets so i can die as much as i want xDDDDDDDDDDD" mentality that ruins the game mode.
I think this is a very true part of the problem as well. I've always thought an accumulative spawn time penalty based on number of deaths or how quickly you die could help work against that exploit/mentality. That alongside kits for squads would help tame the disorganized chaos that is playing Iraqi Insurgent and to a lesser degree the other INS factions.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-11, 23:28   #8
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to rPoXoTauJIo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldov View Post
an accumulative spawn time penalty based on number of deaths or how quickly you die
There's already one, you may have up to additional 15 seconds added to your spawn time with 3 seconds increase every time you die. Defending objective, building stuff, etc decreasing spawn time to base value(45 secs i think?cant remembor)

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
detrimental, insurgent, iraqi, kit, system, teamwork