project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2009-09-07, 19:25   #1
Nox.

Default Aircrafts, hat switch and config

On top of my joystick I've this multidirectional hat switch, which is supposed to be in control of virtual head movement. Is there any way to make it work in PR? Eg. like "look with the mouse" mode but with this thing?
Nox. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 19:29   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Aircrafts, hat switch and config

weapon slots 7, 8 and 9 are your looking around views iirc

but I cant remember which is left right and up, and a couple of the aircraft are yet to get them iirc. e.g. apache.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 19:45   #3
Nox.

Thanks. That explains a lot why the hell my view was changing when I cycled weapons.
Old 2009-09-07, 20:19   #4
Peeta
Supporting Member

What I think is crap about this, is if you go into free mouse look you can no longer control the vehicle. It's like....wtf was Dice thinking....

Panem Today,
Panem Tomorrow,
Panem Forever.
Peeta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 23:27   #5
Raic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
What I think is crap about this, is if you go into free mouse look you can no longer control the vehicle. It's like....wtf was Dice thinking....
Well, in vanilla vehicles were sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooow so it was easily manageable.
Raic is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 23:34   #6
Robster904

Yeah, if the mouse look could be used while still being able to be in control of the aircraft it'd be awesome. Situational awareness is critical when flying but as said before weapons slot 7(look left) 8(look up) and 9(look right) are all mapped to my hat switch, it's not complete freedom of view but still better than looking straight froward.
Robster904 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 23:36   #7
Alex6714

How can you mouse look around if you are flying with the mouse? Thats why its disabled.

You can enable it, but then you have to fly with joystick/arrows otherwise your view will move as you turn etc.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 00:27   #8
Nox.

Okay, so here's a short guide for anyone who may have problems with setting his hat button.

Set it like this:
Weapon 7 ( view left ) - Hat left
Weapon 8 ( view up ) - Hat up
Weapon 9 (view right ) - Hat right
Weapon 1 alt ( view forward ) - Hat down
( this one resets the view, also any other weapon key does it.
Old 2009-09-08, 00:51   #9
AnRK
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex6714 View Post
How can you mouse look around if you are flying with the mouse? Thats why its disabled.

You can enable it, but then you have to fly with joystick/arrows otherwise your view will move as you turn etc.
Would be kinda cool if it was a weapon slot so stick flyers could use it though, still have the problem of not having a free hand for throttle control which, probably due to me not being a great pilot, I seem to need control of alot of the time to keep my flying nice and smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozovich View Post
Weapon 1 alt ( view forward ) - Hat down[/B] ( this one resets the view, also any other weapon key does it.

Personally I'd recommend setting your hat down as an alternative key for to weapon slot 2 rather then 1, there's been a couple of times where I've been a bit of an idiot after using the other views to go on to drop flares all over the tank I was supposed to (try and) vaporise.
Last edited by AnRK; 2009-09-08 at 00:58..

Tags
aircrafts, config, hat, switch