project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
27 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-29, 09:39   #91
sparks50
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR:ArmA2 - Highlights Reel #5

The pace depends on the mission size, there are several smaller scale mission out there with a faster pace game play. I don't think it plays to the strengths of the game very well, but it certainly is out there.

As for a steep learning curve, I don't see how it can be much steeper than the PR:BF2 mod. Especially with the unintuitive stuff like bullets not falling, and with bullets not landing where you aim unless you wait a certain number of seconds.
Last edited by sparks50; 2011-05-29 at 21:09..
Old 2011-05-31, 13:08   #92
ryan d ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by <<SpanishSurfer>> View Post
But on TOP of all that instructional material the experienced players MUST be willing to provide assistance to those who need it and not chastise people for being "noobs." PR can improve relations between the new and experienced players by reaching out to the community and reminding them to help the newer players.

Well, those are my thoughts, let me know what you all think.
MANUAL PLEASE

Will there be a manual for PR:A2 on or prior to release?

Maybe some tutorial videos?

Project Reality's Unofficial Self-Appointed Anti vehicle mufti
Over 8 years and still not banned
Obligatory Epic Forum Quote (QFT + LOL)
saXoni: "According to ********'s title their server is for skilled people only, so this doesn't make any sense. Are you sure you were playing on ********?"

Indy Media
Old 2011-06-01, 03:26   #93
DDS
Supporting Member

Wholeheartedly agree.
When I first started playing PR (v.056) I remember how helpful players were. Now more than ever I see new people treated harshly because they are new to the game.

Thanks PR teams for your hard work on this project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <<spanishsurfer>> View Post
But on TOP of all that instructional material the experienced players MUST be willing to provide assistance to those who need it and not chastise people for being "noobs." PR can improve relations between the new and experienced players by reaching out to the community and reminding them to help the newer players.

Well, those are my thoughts, let me know what you all think.
</spanishsurfer>

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
Old 2011-06-02, 14:52   #94
Atkinson

I found the players quite helpful when i started PR back in X-mas when BF2 was in sale at Steam. All I needed to do was to get the mumble working.

I agree with SpanishSurfer on the issue that the freaking multiplayer warping/skipping/rubberbanding/whatnotlag should be minimized. It effectively makes me not want to play A2.
Old 2011-06-03, 17:57   #95
Alpha.Citizen

Love the new context-menu but does that mean we can't move around while using those menus?
Old 2011-06-05, 16:59   #96
General_Me
Default ArmA2 worries

i love everything about this idea except one critical thing, I cant play ArmA 2 for more than a couple of minutes without feeling sick.

the game gives me horrendous motion sickness, its the way ArmA2 does movement ive never had it on any other fps, i love PR so please dont keep the ArmA2 movement because i simply wont be able to play it.

Does anyone else have this problem with ArmA2?
Old 2011-06-05, 17:06   #97
[R-DEV]​Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer
Default Re: ArmA2 worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Me View Post
i love everything about this idea except one critical thing, I cant play ArmA 2 for more than a couple of minutes without feeling sick.

the game gives me horrendous motion sickness, its the way ArmA2 does movement ive never had it on any other fps, i love PR so please dont keep the ArmA2 movement because i simply wont be able to play it.

Does anyone else have this problem with ArmA2?
Have you turned the post processing off?
Old 2011-06-05, 17:12   #98
General_Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
Have you turned the post processing off?

its funny you should say that, writing in this forum prompted me to have a look around the net for an answer, and im gonna try your suggestion and the head bob slider and see if its any better.

Thankyou Psyrus for your suggestion.

i felt so sick and had such a horrible headache it made me never re-visit the game again.
Old 2011-06-05, 18:41   #99
[R-DEV]​Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Me View Post
its funny you should say that, writing in this forum prompted me to have a look around the net for an answer, and im gonna try your suggestion and the head bob slider and see if its any better.

Thankyou Psyrus for your suggestion.

i felt so sick and had such a horrible headache it made me never re-visit the game again.
Yeah the combination of those two things was really unnatural to me.... ironically because it should technically make the experience more realistic. But someone pointed out that our brains automatically correct for those kinds of things IRL so having it forced upon our eyes in game is what creates that uncomfortable effect.
Old 2011-06-06, 22:19   #100
<<SpanishSurfer>>

Turn off post processing, v-sync, & reduce head bob for a better gaming experience.

"Get lost, support your Coast Guard."
Closed Thread

Tags
highlights, prarma, prarma2, reel