project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
27 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2014-08-04, 22:05   #1
StevePl4y5

Default v1.2 Laggy Heli Controls

On 2 ocasions in Operation Marlin, I had problems with the helicopters, in both teams (Not the Chinook tho, it was the french chopper in the INS layout of the map, I haven't flown the chinook in this map yet). I simply couldn't fly them, because there was too much lag on the controls, too much stutering when banking. Lag was experienced only in the helicopters, and only when banking, not lifting or descending, my ping was fine.

On the french team, I gave up of flying, and a few minutes after someone else flew the chopper and had no problems. Today on MEC, flying the Mi-17, everything was fine at first, then the lag started (making me loose the chopper twice), and when it respawned again it was fine. I was going to capture footage of it, but just when I went to do it, it wasn't there anymore.

Have only experienced in this map, and as far as I can tell it is random, and there are no steps to reproduce. I also never experienced it before v1.2. (Having flown trans in this map many times before).

I have all my graphic settings on max, I run the game at 60+ FPS in must ocasions.
StevePl4y5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 02:51   #2
tankninja1

Default Re: v1.2 Laggy Heli Controls

The dolphin? I have noticed lag problems on the Chinese Dolphin on Shijia Valley. Well It's not really lag it is that strange game freezing/starting bug the the Merlin had forever and ever ago. Also like the Merlin it only happens to some people not all people, I couldn't fly it but somebody else in the squad had no problem at all.

tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 08:39   #3
StevePl4y5

I don't know, never flown helicopters on Shijia. It's kinda hard to explain to be honest, the game is not lagging, it's literally just the helicopter movement that's like laggy instead of smooth as it normally is.

The other day I was commander in Shijia Valley, and I was told not to use the UAV because it caused lag. Yesterday on Merlin, our CO was using the UAV. I thought it could be the cause (some guys on the other team were complaining of lag too, not on chopper tho), so I asked him to pull away from the UAV for a few seconds. Didn't make a difference at all, although he was only out of the UAV for like 20 seconds and we didn't really wait to see if there was any retarding effect (didn't want to disrupt gameplay after all).

I'll try to get a video of it next time I play on Marlin.
Old 2014-08-05, 11:01   #4
[R-CON]​Spook
PR Tournament Management
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePl4y5 View Post
I don't know, never flown helicopters on Shijia. It's kinda hard to explain to be honest, the game is not lagging, it's literally just the helicopter movement that's like laggy instead of smooth as it normally is.

Somewhat like this?

[YOUTUBEHD]TwRIqoFyow4[/YOUTUBEHD]

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 11:12   #5
StevePl4y5

Nah. Nothing like that. It was way worse.
Old 2014-08-05, 13:06   #6
[R-DEV]​UTurista
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Never saw it on the COW or any other old helicopter, but the French Light Chopper (in Marlin at least) drops the FPS to 15 or less.

Worse part is that it's random, I already flew that helo with no problems while another times is unplayable.

Dont question the wikipedia! Just because it reports different things on different languages does not make it unreliable source!
UTurista is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 14:33   #7
StevePl4y5

It's not the FPS I'm talking about tho. The FPS stays the same, ok, imagine this: you got 60 fps, you get in the chopper, you take off, and when you bank the helicopter looks (and feels) like it's at 15 FPS or something, but everything else is still at 60 FPS, literally just the side movement of the chopper is at 15 FPS. In fact, it feels more like server lag. You know, when there's server lag, and you're looking at a guy running, and he just keeps teleporting around? Kinda like that, but it is you, and it is just the chopper, and just on side movement (banking).
Old 2014-08-05, 14:59   #8
Brisk187
Supporting Member

I know what you mean. I've had the same problem a few times; I remember it happening specifically in one of the chinese choppers in Black Gold. I just chalked it up to lackluster system specs on my end.
Brisk187 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 11:35   #9
[R-DEV]​Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

I know exactly what you're talking about, but I only get it on the Osprey when it's in forward thrust mode.. soooo annoying. Does your Osprey (MV-22) lag too? It only lags on dedicated servers, my local games are fine.

As you said, I think it has something to do with the networkables.
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 09:27   #10
StevePl4y5

Yes that's exactly it Psyrus, I can't believe I didn't remember that. It's exactly like the MV-22 in foward thrust, only in helicopters (which is 10 ten times more annoying). Like I said, only ever happened to me in Op Marlin, I get lag when flying in maps like Wanda Shan, but that's just standard server lag that everyone gets.

I don't think I've ever flown the Osprey in local games, probably not.

Tags
controls, heli, laggy, v12